It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
(female)

AngelaDawn27 HB User
Echo results

Hi. Can anyone shed some light on what these 2 thing mean regarding my echo results ?

** There is mild concentric left ventricular hypertrophy.
** There is left ventricular diastolic dysfunction

Everything else was normal and I don't see the doctor for a month so I'm curious. Thanks!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
(female)

dakotamama HB Userdakotamama HB User
Re: Echo results

Hi! I can't tell you what those mean, but I would bet that your doctor could. Try putting in a simple call for your cardiologist, or even his nurse. Many times I've gotten answers to questions like this over the phone (especially to ease my anxiety over what it COULD mean). Usually they've been more than happy to give me a quick "small worded" definition. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #3
(female)

AngelaDawn27 HB User

Thank you! That's what I did but got conflicting answers. I spoke with a CNP at the cardiologist's office that read the report and she said it was benign, not to worry about it. My doctor who ordered the report called and said the changes were due to tachycardia (I've had anxiety problems for over 10 years) and referred me to a cardiologist and put me on Lopressor to lower my heart rate.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
(female)

dakotamama HB Userdakotamama HB User

I see it's been a while since you posted. How are you doing? If it makes you feel better, the same happened to me. The first nurse who called me said the doctor said I was all clear. I switched doctors (he was very condescending and chalked it all up to anxiety, which was wrong), and when my new doc read it she said there was evidence of a few PACs and PVCs, as well as a few runs of tachy. This was repeated by my cardiologist. He put me on Metoprolol (same reason), but also told me that this was nothing to worry about, that everything was within normal range, and that it might even go away. How are you doing now?

Reply Reply