It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

XxStellaxX HB User
Low heart rate/fainting

I've always had issues with my heart, but until recently, it's become a major issue. I'll be in the shower (I think heat may be a possible trigger), and all of a sudden my chest will feel cramped and weird, and then my heart just drops. It literally slows to nothing. Just this morning, I nearly fainted because of this. I thought my heart was stopping, and I was dying. Everything went white and I ended up falling out of the shower. I'm scared. This isn't the first time it's happened, but it's the first time I felt like I was going to die.

I'm 19, I eat pretty healthy. I am a little overweight but I'm active. This has been happening for years, so I don't think it's particularly related to my weight. i'm just freaked out. It's a bad feeling. I see a doctor on Monday, and I've already seen a cardiologist with only a slight tachycardia and some pvc's. But nothing to answer for this. Help please?

Old 11-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
(female)

dakotamama HB Userdakotamama HB User
Re: Low heart rate/fainting

XxStellaxX - I wish I knew what to tell you. I've never experienced anything like this, but I've only just begun to deal with the PACs, PVCs and Tachy. I've definitely had instances of multiple PACs or PVCs in a row which make me feel very much like what you're describing, but I've yet to pass out from any of them.

I'm glad you're seeing a doctor. Hopefully you'll get some answers there. I'm certainly not a doctor, and I'm not qualified to give medical advice, but... are you anxious about anything? I know once that feeling sets in the anxiety does to, and it creates a very vicious cycle. Once I get anxious about a previous "event", it seems to instigate more. Could this be part of the problem? Are you taking or have you taken anything for anxiety? Do you meditate at all, or do any breathing exercises to try and regulate your heart rate when it happens?

Again, I'm really glad you've got an upcoming appointment. I'll put you in my prayers. Please let me know how it goes - I'm sure you'll be okay!

The Following User Says Thank You to dakotamama For This Useful Post:
XxStellaxX (11-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
(female)

XxStellaxX HB User

Well, I'm not describing it the best I can. I guess it's just weird lol It's not exactly a PVC like episode. it's more like.. my heart just stops beating for a few seconds, beats again once or twice like its regulating itself, then stops, etc. it's not a skip, in my opinion, or similar to what my pvc's feel like. I'm just not sure what it is. I've been looking around, and not sure if you or anyone else reading this knows, but could a sudden drop in blood pressure cause this? I'm just trying to see what it could possibly be so I can tell my doctor when I see her Monday.

I'm also not anxious about anything, that I know of lol. This type of episode has been happening for a while, but I'll keep an eye on things around me to see if I really am anxious or not. And when it's happening, the only thing I do is put my head between my legs as quickly as I can and do deep breaths. This morning it came on so suddenly and severely there wasn't time to do that.

Thank you for the reply. I'll be sure to post here again after the appointment. Thank you! <3

Last edited by XxStellaxX; 11-08-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxStellaxX View Post
I'll be in the shower (I think heat may be a possible trigger), and all of a sudden my chest will feel cramped and weird, and then my heart just drops. It literally slows to nothing. Just this morning, I nearly fainted because of this. I thought my heart was stopping, and I was dying. Everything went white and I ended up falling out of the shower. I'm scared
If you've got a sensitive heart, like I do, there are many things, including heat, that can not only cause problems with the way that the heart beats, but also cause higher blood pressure among other health problems.

Does your heart only "misfire" in the shower? Does it more frequently misfire after eating? Are there any smokers in your home?

Do you have allergies?

Quote:
I'm just trying to see what it could possibly be so I can tell my doctor when I see her Monday.
The problem with getting a proper diagnosis at the doctor's office is that, if your heart isn't misfiring at the office, it's difficult for the doctor to know what to do.

A doctor has problems treating what they can't see. That is one of the reasons doctors give stress tests, in an attempt to get the heart to misfire; or they have patients wear 24-hour holters. However, even if a holter shows that a heart is misfiring, the doctor still doesn't know why the heart is misfiring. The best they can do is prescribe medications (with a lot of side effects) and hope for the best.

There are many MANY irritants and stimulants that can cause a heart to misfire, and to cause higher blood pressure, etc. The more irritants and stimulants that a person can remove from their environment and life, the less health problems one will endure.

Irritants and stimulants can come thru one's diet, or thru the chemicals used throughout the day, or odors, or pollens, or pollutants, or supplements, etc.

Quote:
I'm 19, I eat pretty healthy.
Do you drink coffee or tea or soda?

Do you eat chocolate?

These items can contain irritants and/or stimulants that can cause a heart to "misfire".

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 11-11-2012 at 09:35 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
XxStellaxX (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
(female)

XxStellaxX HB User

Thanks for your reply I have had a few times when my blood pressure was slightly elevated, but that could be because I get nervous around doctors, and it's never something that's been a major issues. My heart misfires at any time, I just notice it in the shower a lot. There's been times when I'm standing in line at the grocery store, sitting at my computer (like I was the other night and it went weird), or laying in bed at night. No allergies.

I have had a 24 hour holter monitor, and a stress test, both showed signs of tachycardia and a few PAC's and PVC's, but they said it could be because I was young, and I'd outgrow it. I actually have the ECG (or EKG not sure) here with me, and it says a few things for a doctor to look at. They said my heart rate was above 105 throughout the resting EKG and stress test. Sinus tachycardia, vertical axis(?), minor-right precordinal replorization disturbance, juvenile/feminine pattern, and there are several notes about my T waves being flat, negative, and small in V2, V3, and a long QT interval throughout. Not sure what this means, but I've read a longer QT interval increases my risk for a heart attack when exercising? Could that be why I sometimes get short of breath and achy quicker when going for a walk?

I used to drink a lot of soda, but I've since changed my diet in hopes of losing weight and fixing the heart fluttering. It's still been happening, even though I haven't had a soft drink in a few weeks. I eat chocolate, but only like.. Oh I don't know, maybe twice a month? I've changed my diet a lot, but it's still happening I don't know what else it could be. I was getting dressed yesterday and saw my arms drain of color, I felt a wave of vertigo and got extremely light headed. Called my mom in and she said I looked ghostly. I noticed my heart was very slow, and pounding (like it was pumping very hard with each beat). It's scary. I see the doctor at 3 pm (it's now 12.14 pm at the time of writing).

Old 11-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
(female)

XxStellaxX HB User

Well, here's an update, since I said I would :P

I went to the doctor, told him about everything, and he listened to my heart, checked me out, etc. He found nothing, of course.. But he said some of the symptoms I have sound similar to a type of seizure? Synchronicity something.. He mentioned petite mal, but I've never experienced movement.

I did, however, faint a few years back and I remember waking up to my hand moving, but I'm not sure if that was because I hit my head on the way down that caused a small seizure.. I'm not sure what to think anymore, to be honest. That's all she wrote

Reply Reply