It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
(male)

NSSnacho HB User
Danger of Vit D3 supplements and Calcium

Since we have new reports from researcher saying that the calcium supplements temporarily spikes the blood calcium level after they are consumed and may cause plaque in the arteries, what are your thoughts on taking also Vit D3 Supplements. Most of the time D3 supplements has other ingredients such as Calcium Carbonate. For example, the daily D3 supplement I take ( Nature Made 1000 IU) has Calcium carbonate as other ingredients written on the bottle ( 185 mg). I have been taking1000 IU of D3 Supplements continuously for over 16 months now. I am worried. Any inputs. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
(male)

NSSnacho HB User
Re: Danger of Vit D3 supplements and Calcium

Update: After calling the D3 Vitamin manufacturer, they stated their 1000 IU /2000 IU D3 supplement has only 75 mg of Calcium Carbonate Which they said it would not cause any harm. I am still interested to know if this still can harm or not especially my Daily Calcium intake is near max from food alone. We get confused as some time dcotors say Vitamins and supplements such as D3, and Calcium are good for your health. Then. other times the medical research comes up with warning such as Calcium supplement can cause plaque in the arteries. Which one is right?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply