It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
(male)

Celtics32 HB User
SVT Abaltion

Hey to all those that can help or just reading this. I am 22 years old and had my first real scare with SVT. I was playing basketball and couldn't get my heart rate down after the game. I walked outside, got some water, put some water on my face, and still couldn't get it down. I ended up in the ER where the said my heart rate was up to 255. Me having panic attacks when i was younger thought it had something to do with that. I stayed overnight at the hospital and was on a heart monitor did all the test and everything came back ok. I went and talked to my friends dad that is a cardioligist and he said that 255 was the real thing and that it sounds like SVT. He recommended a doc who does the abaltion. I met with him yesterday and he explained to me what was going on and how it works. He said the best way to fix this is the procedure and I am on pace to go in Friday and get this done. I am pretty scared about the whole thing, and feeling like this is all happening to fast. I am here looking for a little info on it and how it went for other people here. I've read mostly good stories about this but still would like to hear what people say about my personal story. So thanks to everyone that can help really would like to hear what everyone has to say.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
(male)

Celtics32 HB User
Re: SVT Abaltion

If anyone could help it would be very helpful. I am really hoping everything will be ok and I am getting around to the idea. Just a little worried cause this is my first scare with such a thing. So please if anyone can help it would be amazing thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
(male)

Celtics32 HB User
Re: SVT Abaltion

Well if someone does come across this subject hopefully i can help. I had it done today and was pretty nervous leading up to it but Got to the the hospital and was good there. They were able to find an abalte my bad tissue very quick and was back in recovery in about an hour and a half. Although I am pretty sore from the puntucre spots. Also I was in bed from about 12 till 5 and the first time i got up to walk I about passed out because the pain i didn't expect hit me and caused my blood pressure to go low. I mean i never felt like i was going to pass out till today I had ringing ears sweaty and felt beat up. Laid down for a while and then was able to walk go to the bathroom and get out and get home! Hoping my wounds feel a bit better tomorrow.

Reply Reply