It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
(female)

peachychou HB User
help, very distressed - getting runs of PVCs???

Today I was sitting watching tv when I felt a thump in my chest. I knew this was a pvc because I get them a lot, usually once every few normal beats.

But today, after the thump, there was another pause...then a thump, then pause, then thump, pause and thump again.

It scared the hell out of me!

I was told previous ecgs were normal, but this has begun recently and Im very scared! I noticed it happened before in same slouched position, on a full stomach, so it seems related somehow.

Would beat skip beat skip be classed as bigemeny or NSVT??

Pushing for an echo and stress test next, this is all getting too scary!

The following user gives a hug of support to peachychou:
dakotamama (11-20-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
(male)

kyomagi HB User
Re: help, very distressed - getting runs of PVCs???

great question, i just had a similar episode. that forceful thud you felt was your heart beating out the extra blood in your heart. I think you had a every other beat pvc run. Which is not harmful in a normal heart! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
(male)

man648 HB User

I too notice a lot of my pvcs happen when I am in a slouched position, as well as bending over, laying on my back, twisting and other body positions. When I used to swim I, at times, the pvcs would happen when I would get neck deep in the water. Also when I rode a motorcycle the wind hitting against my chest would, at times, trigger pvcs. Other triggers, for me, are stress and over eating. They are very uncomfortable and I have really never got used to them and probably won't, although I have learned to accept them as part of my life,, hoping and praying for the pvcs, singles as well as runs of them, will forever go away. Take care and hang in there. This forum has helped me tremendously over the time I have been able to realize I am not the only one with these pvcs. Sharing with others helps.

Last edited by man648; 11-18-2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: word mispell,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 11-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
(female)

dakotamama HB Userdakotamama HB User

Peachychou - I had a fairly scary run of these a few nights ago when I was off my toporol before a stress test. It actually pulled me out of a good sleep and went on for what felt like minutes (in reality it was only 4-6). It was incredibly scary! I've been dealing with arrythmia issues for about three months now (tachycardia, PACs and PVCs), and even though I generally feel like I've got things under fair control, some instances like that one still scare the heck out of me. Man648 is right though; the forums really help. They've been a blessing and key to my sanity these last few months. Good luck to you!

The following user gives a hug of support to dakotamama:
peachychou (01-17-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to dakotamama For This Useful Post:
peachychou (01-17-2013)
Reply Reply