It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Update

Hi, i have been around on these boards for about 9 years, not so much here lately though.

I am a hypochondriac over my heart health, have been for about 6+ years. I have had every test done besides a heart cath. I had 3 nuclear stress test, 4 regular and a CT screening...all that showed absolutely nothing wrong with my heart. I still cant accept that and feel i have a blockage due to off and on jaw pains, left arm pain. chest pains. These dont come on with exercise just happen randomly...i have been to the ER lots and lots of times to be told it is anxiety and my heart is fine.

I have been to 7 diff cardiologist over the years....a few said they would do a cath to ease my mind but i always chickened out cause im scared something will go wrong with the test and i will die. Just went to see 2 of them within the last few weeks...one said no cath is needed and one said he will do it to ease my mind....i think i have decided to go ahead and have it done just to stop worrying about this.

What does everyone think? Should i just let it go or have the test done??? Just some input would be nice if you have had the test done, how bad is it and did you have any issues?

Thanks Confused

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Update

A Cardiac Cath is the only 100% way of knowing weather you have blockages in your coronary arteries or not.

I had one done in 2009, the cath itself is painless but I did suffer a cardiac arrest during the procedure, the catheter 'tickled' the wall of my heart and sent it into Ventricular Fibrillation which resulted in cardiac arrest - I was resuscitated by a shock from a defibrillator and had a triple bypass a few days later.

Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply