It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
(female)

ciaralaraine HB User
Question Heart Problems?

Well my question is this and not a lot of people have this condition but maybe someone will see this and relate and have some answers. I have been having heart problems for about a year, I will wake up in the middle of the night and my heart will be racing, of course I have freaked out a couple times and called the paramedics. When they arrive and hook me up, my HR fluctuates between 130's-180's and sometimes bounce up for a few seconds to 200+bpm. When i arrive to the hospital they will give me Lopresser and my ekg indicates normal sinus tach. This just seems really high to me. I have been ablated for SVT's that I used to have but the Sinus Tach. continues to be a daily problem even at rest or waking me up out of my sleep. My condition in increasingly worse with alcohol consumption, and meaning one glass of wine will send me into an episode. They have never done an echo. except for with my ablation obviously to perform the procedure, no cardiac MRI's or any other imaging has been done. Could there be something else that they are missing? I have minor chest pain day to day, and i used to be able to exercise but now it is so difficult, I go well over my target heart rate very quickly, I become short of breath and get dizzy and have to stop, also having a flip-flopping sensation in my chest after a workout while Im cooling down. I am 28 years old, 5'4", 140lbs, have had 3 kids. i just don't get this.

Last edited by mod85; 12-10-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
(male)

MX6guy HB User
Re: Heart Problems?

Yes that must be scary. Did the ablation help for the SVT's ? Was it to stop a short circuit path ?
How do you sleep, on your back, or stomach ? I have a problem where if i sleep on my stomach, i wake up with a fast heartrate, but on my back this almost never happens. It like my heart is being choked off, or pressure put on it.
I have also had the same effect with wine, where it seemed to relax my heart in the evening, but then i wake up later with my heart racing about 130 (not as fast as yours though). So i take an Atenolol and it slows it down.
Are you taking any stomach meds like Prevacid or acid reducers ? They can affect the magnesium and cause erratic pulse.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
(male)

rlp HB User
Re: Heart Problems?

Your post is now 2 weeks old so perhaps you've already gotten a diagnosis. Have you seen your regular doctor or preferably a cardiologist? Not necessarily an answer but the first symptom I ever had of aortic valve problems were heart palpitations. The condition (leaky aortic valve) was quickly diagnosed with an echo cardiogram.

Reply Reply

Tags
alcohol, arrythmia, heart, sinus tachycardia