It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
(male)

andybgr HB User
tachycardia, arhythmia, chest pain, hypetension symptoms

Hello, I am 30 y.o. male

I have a long history of disorders, I'll make a timeline so it can be as detailed as possible.

-Past few years I was diagnosed that I have high BP. I never went for a checkup.

-Last April, I had severe tachycardia which lasted for more than 20 hours (sleep didn't stop it). Going to a health center they found I had hypertension and they gave me pills. I was fine after the pills.

-For the tachycardia I also visited a cardio. I had an ECG and an echo. There was nothing wrong at my heart as he said. he said there is no need for any medication, and that high bp could be a result of stress.

-Last May (a month after I visited the cardio), I had light pain on my heart area in the chest, and light tachycardia. I went straight to the hospital which I stayed there for 3 days. I also did all possible tests, ECG, echo, plus the treadmill test, they had the cables on me 24hours. The doctors said nothing is wrong with my heart, they let me go.

-During the summer, I also felt pain on my heart area, a severe arhythmia, and shortness of breath. I had the feeling that I was about to pass out.

-The past months, I am complaining of stronger chest pain, now I also have arm numbness, and when I lay down for sleep I feel strong arhythmia which have the feeling that the heart stops and I feel light headed and light at the chest area, like there is no blood going through.

-I went back to the cardiologist a few days ago. He didn't examine me. I only had hypertension and he gave me pills to take (my first medication ever). He told me there is no reason since months ago I did all possible tests and I am healthy.

My questions are, what causes such symptoms if not the heart? Should I demand to take those heart tests again? I mean I took the tests months before, am I safe for some years now from heart problems? Could those tests diagnose future heart problems? I really want to rule out any heart symptoms.

thanks for reading and sorry for the long post

Last edited by andybgr; 12-11-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
(male)

MX6guy HB User
Re: tachycardia, arhythmia, chest pain, hypetension symptoms

How high was your heart beat ? Over 120, 160 ?
What do you mean by arhythmia, as there are many different types. Does your heart skip every 10 beats, 50 beats, once an hour ??
Doctors don't seem to worry about mild chest pain, as there can be many causes.
Worrying can raise your BP worse than anything. Do you excersise ?

Old 12-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
(male)

andybgr HB User
Re: tachycardia, arhythmia, chest pain, hypetension symptoms

My heart beat was a little higher than 120 when I got it checked. I am sure it was higher before the checkup.

By arhythmia I mean, the worst time -which is rare - my heart skips every 10 beats (but that is not scary - I will explain), most of the time my heart skips approximately twice per minute for some time. The frequence of this is most of the days of the week, its so frequent which I worry when my heart feels normal.

The scariest part is, that sometimes I get a very "strong" skip, in which I could actually feel my heart stop (like something is blocking the blood), and then powerfully it beats again (like it lets all the blood go). This is scary, because I also feel my head light - like it doesn't get any blood. Once the skip was so long that I actually got up to start moving so it will keep on beating..!

I used to exercise a lot a few years ago, I was very healthy, I could run miles and miles each day. But the I suddenly stopped because of my work, I don't have the time. All these symptoms started a year after I stopped exercising.

I passed all the ecg and echo and treadmill tests, i passed the 24h holter test at the hospital months ago. I shouldn't worry right?

My last visit to the doctor, he only gave me bet blockers which do make me feel great, and my heart feels like its relief like from being tired..

Last edited by andybgr; 12-11-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Reply Reply