It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
(male)

chicagofreeman HB User
Increased heart rate after AVNRT radio ablation

Hi there,

I had radio ablation for my AVNRT on Dec 7th. Since then my heart rate has been around 100. The doc said it was normal as the heart was affected by drugs and catheters. But it has been almost two weeks. My heart rate is still high. Occasionally I measure in 80s. But most time it is above 90. I do not know if this is normal. I will have my follow up check in two weeks but I am anxious to find out if this is normal. I also feel tired in the morning, but in the afternoon I feel much better.

Thanks for sharing your experience with me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Increased heart rate after AVNRT radio ablation

Good for you for having your ablation. I had mine several years ago. From my understanding, a heartbeat under 100 bpm is considered a normal heartbeat, so I would not worry if I were you. I think you're just fine. As heart arrythmia patients, we are very sensitive to what feels "right" to us. Hopefully your ablation was a perfect success and you will feel great in the near future.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
(male)

waazee101 HB User
Re: Increased heart rate after AVNRT radio ablation

Hi, I had a radiofrequency ablation on the 18th for atrial flutter and a-fib and my heart has been wacked out ever since. Fast- 120bpm then slow 60 bpm then fast then slow then skipping beats then jumping out of my chest. It only went too fast a couple times a week and I had slow skipping stuff a couple times a week too for a year or so before the procedure now I got all this stuff goin on.Really nutty stuff and the doctor told me the same thing as you. I only pray that both our docs are right. Just wanted to let ya know you ain't alone out there. Take care.

Reply Reply