It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
(female)

shan07 HB User
Question A Fib, Adrenaline Sensitivity or something else...HELP

I am 36 years old, When I was 29 I went into a 3 day spread where I would have PVC's, then my heart rate would jump to 200+, then drop to 60, it felt like I was on a roller coaster. I finally went to the ER and was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrilation. I had a follow up appointment with a cardiologist in my area who confirmed the diagnoses. I then went for a 3rd opinion and was confirmed again. I was put on metaprolol. By the 6 month mark I had gained 60 pounds and slept every minute I could. I then was referred to an Electrophysiologist who changed my meds and the weight gain stopped. He wanted to do an ablation but I declined for the time.

Well six years later and a recent increase in palpitations I agreed to the ablation but I asked for an EP study first. During the EP study my new Doctor could not get my heart to induce into A Fib but he did find that I had a high sensitivity to adrenaline. He said I don't have A Fib at all. How could 3 doctors get it wrong? Is there anything else it could be? I don't experience the roller coaster anymore and havent in years, but I still have palpitations that last anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. I usually take my flecainide and metaprolol to correct the palpitations. I'm just trying to figure out the answers. Structuraly my heart is excellent but electrically my heart is off. Any suggestions to discuss with my doctor would be greatly helpful.

Thank YOU

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
(male)

Rocket359 HB User
Re: A Fib, Adrenaline Sensitivity or something else...HELP

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? I recently went into a-fib during a fight or flight incident (I chose fight). My adrenaline was amped up higher than it's ever been, and boom, a-fib.

Reply Reply