It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
(female)

LuannD HB User
Question Cardio CRP Lab Result

Recently, I had an annual physical. Today, I received the lab results in the mail. Other than my cholesterol level being 1 point above the normal range, everything looked good, EXCEPT for the results for Cardio CRP. The normal range from the lab where I took the test at is 0.00 - 1.00 mg/L. My result is 1.80 and was marked as High. My doctor did not send any note with the lab result to make a followup appointment, so I am assuming the 1.80 mg/L is not cause for alarm.

The articles I read on Cardio CRP were so confusing, I wish I never looked up the test. High CRP levels can be caused by everything from A to Z. My question - Is 1.80 high enough to see my doctor ASAP, or can it wait for another visit to discuss it?

Thank you to anyone familiar with this lab test and can give me some straight info.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Cardio CRP Lab Result

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuannD View Post
... High CRP levels can be caused by everything from A to Z. My question - Is 1.80 high enough to see my doctor ASAP, or can it wait for another visit to discuss it?
High CRP indicates increased inflammation in the body, the higher the CRP the more the inflammation. Inflammation can cause cardiovascular disease (CVD).

Your reading is in a lower risk category for CVD. If it were me, to insure a healthier future, I would go on a healthier diet and increase my daily exercise.

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply