It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
(male)

waazee101 HB User
Post catheter ablation symptoms

Hi, please excuse the long post but I need to vent a little and get a little feed back from others that know where I am coming from, ya know?, Anyway, I just had a catheter ablation for atrial flutter a-fib- paroxsysmal a-fib... anyway as you all know the doctors are never very clear about what they think is going on, but that is not my point; just a little frustrated as I am sure anyone that has had this done may very well be, anyway... I had mine done on Tuesday the 18th of December this year and man o man it was hard to deal with the post procedure for me. I was on the table knocked out for 6 hours, form 8AM to 2PM then had to not move my legs at all for another 6 hours after they pulled the 7 catheters out of my groin at 6:30 PM so I was in the same position for 16 hours! I am aware that it could have been much much worse and I am very grateful that it was not as in I did not wake up with a pacemaker or cracked open chest scare etc... The procedure doctor here in Indy told me it was a total success thanks to a new technique called (Topara?) which is a new mapping procedure and without that they would have never found it. I am grateful for that. I am now on Pradaxa for blood thinning, causes pretty bad heart burn for me but Zantac works great for that, plus eating 15 minutes before really helps too. Back to my main point, since Wednesday night I have had many many episodes of fast heart beat with skipping beats and extra beats then back to 60 BPM then to 120 BPM and back and forth etc.. I called the doctor nurse and she said that it will be happening for a month or so. I am assuming it is because the scare tissue has to harden to block the erratic signal?? Thursday was 75% better but now it is bad again on Friday.It is happening much more often then before the procedure I mean like 200% more often, no exageration. Could someone that has had this procedure please respond and share some experience, strength and hope with me please? I could really use a little support for today ya know Thank you so much. And again I am grateful that it is not worse, Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Post catheter ablation symptoms

I appreciate that you know it can be worse, but I wish it were better for you.
I had my ablation four years ago and though it was not the perfect success I had hoped for, my tachy episodes don't require that I go to the ER to get my heart rhythm converted. I am on Verapimil now.
Give your doctor a call and see if this is normal, considering how recent your ablation was. I hope that as the days progress you will be feeling better and better. I can understand your upset/disappointment.

The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpotato13 For This Useful Post:
waazee101 (12-22-2012)
Reply Reply