It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
(male)

unreal HB Userunreal HB User
very erratic heart beats

I have had tachycardia for years now. It evolved into irregular beats. Two or three really faster beats than a pause and one or two slow ones or many variations of this. I always take my pressure when this happens to gage both the pressure and pulse rate.

This morning for the first time I could feel that my heart was not right again. It was by far the most erratic it has ever been. 5 very fast beats then 4-5 seconds and a beat, then another 4-5 second then 2 fat then 5 really slow then 12 really fast then 6 really really slow.....

I took my pressure several times and for the first time ever the machine could come up with either a pulse nor pressure. Al it could do is display was an error message.

It has always been able to registrar everything my heart has done in the past, it would simply display the arrhythmia icon and the rate and pressure. now it can't even read it.

Can anyone offer any insight? It really scared me and I have been through hell and though I had experienced everything short of a heart attack already.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: very eratic heart beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal View Post
I have had tachycardia for years now. It evolved into irregular beats. Two or three really faster beats than a pause and one or two slow ones or many variations of this.
As we age, it takes less irritants and stimulants to stress out our heart's rhythm and rate.

Are you on any medications for your heart rhythm/ heart rate problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal View Post
This morning for the first time I could feel that my heart was not right again. It was by far the most erratic it has ever been. 5 very fast beats then 4-5 seconds and a beat, then another 4-5 second then 2 fat then 5 really slow then 12 really fast then 6 really really slow.....
I've struggled with Permanent Atrial Fibrillation, Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT), and heart rate/heart rhythm disturbances for decades. My heart can do all kinds of tricks. I eat a healthy diet, do demanding physical exercise, avoid irritants and stimulants that negatively effect the heart and nervous system, and take the wonderful medication combination of Coreg and Digoxin to keep my heart calm, relaxed and getting better.

Quote:
I took my pressure several times and for the first time ever the machine could come up with either a pulse nor pressure. Al it could do is display was an error message.
That happens to me when my heart is beating too softly. In my case, the Coreg can really relax my heart a little too much.

My fix? I do deep breathing, slowly in and out, about four or five times and then take my blood pressure again. The deep breathing tends to get my heart beating a little stronger, allowing the blood pressure machine to pick up the signal better from the arm.

Merry Christmas! Best of luck and health for the New Year!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
unreal (12-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply