It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
(male)

blued2cu2 HB User
Wink trying t get back my strength after tri-by-pass. energy just not there.

i recently had atripple by-pass only to have another attack 4 months later. when they gave me the groin angiogram?? the doctor said that he could not even get a stint in because the arteries that they just replaced were closed off and that if he tried to ,he thought he may perforate the artery and me bleedout. well there was a conversation between the cardiologist in which i heard one say " i could'nt tell you if he has 6 minutes,6 hours, or 6 months. when he hung up he would'nt answer any of my questions. about 2 weeks later i and my wife went in for my appt. and we stated that we were going on vacation. Well the look that the P.A. gave us both ,we knew something was up. But she hurried and got us a copy of the angeogram and copies of thhe meds and treatments i had received. Then they started talking about aggressive med regiments. So My QUESTION IS......JUST WHAT IS AGGRESSIVE MEDS REGIMENTS. THEY SCARED US BY GIVING ME THE IMPRESSION THAT THERE IS REALLY NOTHING THAT THEY CAN DO, THERE IS NO OPTION OF TAKING MORE VEINS FROM MY OTHER LEG, THAY SAID THAT THERE WAS NOTHING FOR THEM TO ATTACHANYTHING ELSE TO MY ARTERIES BECAUSE OF THE BRITTLE NESS. BE HONEST... GOES ANYONE NOW HOW LONG I ACTUALLY HAVE LEFT??????? I HAVE NO BURIAL INSURANCE AND IF I DIE ,MY FAMILY WILL SUFFER DRAMATICALLY. WHAT DO I DO??? I TRULY NEED YOUR EXPERISE AND HONEST REPLYS. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOU TIME.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: trying t get back my strength after tri-by-pass. energy just not there.

Hi blued2cu2,
If I were you I'd be seeking a second opinion.
I had a triple bypass in Oct 2009 and can honestly say it took me at least 12 months before I started feeling 'normal' again.

I think the meds had a lot to do with it - it takes time for the body to adjust to them.

As for the stent - if they can't get it in during an angio, surely if they put you under they can find a way to open up that blocked artery.

You really need to get a second or third opinion.

Good Luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vyking For This Useful Post:
blued2cu2 (01-05-2013)
Old 01-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I think the Drs meant they felt there was nothing surgically they could do since the artery was so tight. But people with coronary artery disease get treated medically all the time. An aggressive medical regimen just means doing all they can with medication to help you. For example, there a number of meds that dilate, relax and open up the blood vessels to improve the blood flow to your heart. There are other meds that prevent blood clotting from occurring in the arteries, which is a cause of many heart attacks. There are the meds that lower cholesterol to slow the progression of placque buildup. So there are options to help you. Even if one of the arteries closes off (a heart attack), you can survive that most of the time if you get medical care immediately. I would agree that a second opinion might be worthwhile. It might be possible during cardiac cath for an artery dilating medication to be injected directly into the affected artery and while it is relaxed, get a stent in. It would depend somewhat on the placque itself, as some is softer (more fat) and some is harder (more calcium) that doesn't "give" easily. Your angiogram could be reviewed by another interventional cardiologist, those who do these procedures. Good luck, and I'm sorry you overheard such stressful conversations and your questions weren't answered. Living with fear and anxiety isn't good for your heart, so I would get established on medical treatment, seek a second opinion, and then go and enjoy your vacation. Think carefully about where you go, as being out of the country if you have a problem could really complicate matters.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
(male)

blued2cu2 HB User

Thank you for your time in answering my text question. I noticed where you are from and it seems that your reply was kind. It did catch me by surprise since my Father tried to get me to come there with him several times. He was a gemoligist and throughly adored your country and its people. Now i see why. Compasionate and caring are very Good traits. Again Thank You.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
(male)

blued2cu2 HB User

Thank You for the passionate reply and care you have shown. The doctors have me on 22 different meds. Blood pressure,cholesterol,thinners,vitamins,t estosterone injections,ect. I have had Three different cardiologist and on the 17th i go to one that thinks that he can change up some meds, stop some meds, and try an aggressive treatment with trying out this new med regiment. I thank you VERY much for your reply and really do cherish what you had to say. Thank you..

Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
(male)

Marko1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blued2cu2 View Post
i recently had atripple by-pass only to have another attack 4 months later. when they gave me the groin angiogram?? the doctor said that he could not even get a stint in because the arteries that they just replaced were closed off and that if he tried to ,he thought he may perforate the artery and me bleedout. well there was a conversation between the cardiologist in which i heard one say " i could'nt tell you if he has 6 minutes,6 hours, or 6 months. when he hung up he would'nt answer any of my questions. about 2 weeks later i and my wife went in for my appt. and we stated that we were going on vacation. Well the look that the P.A. gave us both ,we knew something was up. But she hurried and got us a copy of the angeogram and copies of thhe meds and treatments i had received. Then they started talking about aggressive med regiments. So My QUESTION IS......JUST WHAT IS AGGRESSIVE MEDS REGIMENTS. THEY SCARED US BY GIVING ME THE IMPRESSION THAT THERE IS REALLY NOTHING THAT THEY CAN DO, THERE IS NO OPTION OF TAKING MORE VEINS FROM MY OTHER LEG, THAY SAID THAT THERE WAS NOTHING FOR THEM TO ATTACHANYTHING ELSE TO MY ARTERIES BECAUSE OF THE BRITTLE NESS. BE HONEST... GOES ANYONE NOW HOW LONG I ACTUALLY HAVE LEFT??????? I HAVE NO BURIAL INSURANCE AND IF I DIE ,MY FAMILY WILL SUFFER DRAMATICALLY. WHAT DO I DO??? I TRULY NEED YOUR EXPERISE AND HONEST REPLYS. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOU TIME.
in the same boat as you i have 2 90% i found out monday 2nd time for fixed thfirst the next day. cam I got hearth cath done this Monday evenig 1/12/13
was brought t0 the ER the heart attack (second)
Cath showed 2 blockages around 90% stayed hospital for 2 1/2 days
doctor came and told me about the blockages and any over 50% would have to be fixed and i said when we going to do this and sent me home ,for an appointmentat his office amonth later .2blockages that high and was in there for a heart attack already why wouldn't the fix them like they did the first time.one blockage was done about 17months ago was a triple bypas. i would have thought they would fix it right in there while I was in the hosipital

Reply Reply