It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
(male)

yar 250f HB User
Question recovery from heart ablation

i was wondering how tender the groin area is after the catheter has been run up through there to your heart--was wndering how long you have to take it easy after operation? i get rapid heart-rate during exercise but have sort of managed it for a long time-- i'm scheduled for jan 24 but was thinking of cancelling it because i have a couple of hockey tournaments i would like to participate in-- thks for advice ray

Old 01-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
(female)

pharmgirljt HB User
Re: recovery from heart ablation

Hi Ray. I've had an ablation done twice, and each time the recovery was about a week. I couldn't lift anything heavy for a few days, and it was just a one night hospital stay. I healed up well and only had groin tenderness for two or three days. I hope this helps Jaclyn

Last edited by pharmgirljt; 01-16-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
(male)

yar 250f HB User

hey thanks- did your first ablation not work? i just had an ablation 5 days ago- so i havnt really pushed too hard--my vein had a blowout at hospital which sort of freaked me out--they wanted us all out by 6;30pm same day and were sort of pushing us to get going--my groin seems okay now just a huge bruised area--is the 1 week period for strenuous activity to allow the groin to heal up? or is it for the heart? i had rapid heart rate during exercise etc.220 plus--good luck thanks ray

Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
(female)

pharmgirljt HB User

Hi Ray, I'm glad your procedure went well. The first ablation I had worked to an extent, but I had to have it done again about three years ago and haven't had a bad episodes since. I am on maintenance medication though to help keep my heartrate down. The first time I had the ablation done my vein blew out also, it scared the hell out of me! I think the week they tell you to take it easy is to make sure the groin is healed. I'm suprised they released you the same day, I was kept overnight in cardiac intensive care both times. Did they give a name to your condition or did they just call it an abnormal rhythm? I hope all is well. Jaclyn

Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
(male)

yar 250f HB User
Unhappy Re: recovery from heart ablation

i think its called a AV nodal reentrant tachycardia i need to talk to him again because i'm not sure what he actually did? because i played hockey tonight and it took off like it did before so i'm pretty disappointed--during th e operation all he said was he got it--so i assumed that he had found the offending extra pathway-- now i wondering if he ablated a pathway and nothing changed-- what was the pathway he ablated good for--anyways thanks ray

Reply Reply