It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
(female)

thereseg77 HB User
Palpitations on movement

I have been experiencing palpitations when I move, and they are worse in the morning when my brain is still "adjusting" to being awake. I find that sometimes, when I lay in bed and change positions, my heart races. I've also experienced it while getting up from sitting down, my heart will race for a few seconds and then subside. It's quiet bizarre. It seems to be worse during times at stress, that is, when I'm worried about my health.

I've had an EKG, because I did have some chest pain that lasted a few seconds as well as a chest x-ray. Results were normal.

It also seems that my "fight or flight" is a bit overactive.

Anyone got any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
(male)

man648 HB User
Re: Palpitations on movement

I have the same, or similar, problem with body movements causing pvcs or erratic heart rythums such as lying down on my back or sides, bending over, sitting and leaning over. I too have had many tests over the years and the cardio tells me it is nothing to worry about. I wonder what he would say if he experienced these miserable happenings? I guess all we can do is to learn to live with them and hope and pray they disappear forever. Take care........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
(female)

thereseg77 HB User

Thanks for you reply. It's nice to know we aren't alone. Perhaps it IS anxiety because I do find that it is not as bad when I'm not worried about it and get a lot of sleep.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #4
(male)

justaguy300 HB User

In my case, after my last attack, I've had really strong palpitations and I stayed in bed for 2 weeks. Slowly, it lessened so I was able to get out of bed, get out and do walks for 10 min. I felt really crappy and visited my local clinic (again). This time the doc prescribed metoprolol 25 mg twice a day. I am taking half that and wow, it works. My heart rate which was often in the 92-97 range came down by 10.
It has been a hell of 7 months.

Reply Reply