It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
(male)

Sean595 HB User
Sudden slower heart rate

Hi Im 18, 6 foot, and 180 pounds (which I have dropped from 200 but my heart rate only recently changed yesterday even though ive dropped the pounds in a 4 month period) and for my whole life my resting heart rate has been about 88-94. Yesterday I noticed that my heart rate was lower at about lower 80s but I wasn't too concerned. Today I realized that my heart rate has gone to as low as 74. I know a good resting heart rate is between 60-100 but I wanted to know why my has dropped lower so suddenly. I am also recovering from the flu taking tamiflu I don't know if that would be a factor.

Background info: I was experiencing chest pain so I went to the cardio doc and got an echo, stress test, ekg, blood work, and an event monitor all which came back normal. He told me that my heart rate was high and I should try to lower it, but I don't know why it would drop the way it has. Thanks for the help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply