It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #16
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: ER Visit- Sent Home Tests Negative-Enough Done??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewe View Post
Now it doesn't burn so much but it causes that chest pain and doesnt respond to the meds all of a sudden making me fear it's my heart.
You really should get this checked out by a Doctor to rule out a heart problem.

Good Luck.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #17
(male)

kewe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyking View Post
You really should get this checked out by a Doctor to rule out a heart problem.

Good Luck.
I had the ER work up 2x. I have been to a cardiologist in the past for palpitations and have an event recorder right now for the palps. I have also had an echocardiogram (ultrasound) done. Nothing shows any issues.

I'm no doc, but I'm guessing the only things I haven't had done is stress test and angiogram.

Think I should push my cardiologist for those tests?

He comes across as really knowing his stuff, but he kind of always reminds me me by telling me that we tested my palps and their benign, and we've had the echo, found nothing... And that my heart is fine. Some people just feel palps more than others.

That was before these new symptoms though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #18
(male)

kewe HB User

Vyking, in your case, How did you finally figure out it was heart related? Did u have a heart attack? Did a test show something?

Last edited by kewe; 01-14-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #19
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

I never had a heart attack.
Due to a family history of heart disease my doctor suspected it was heart related she sent me for an ECG/EKG which showed a slight abnormality she then sent me for a nuclear stress test - the stress test showed a problem.
I was then sent to a Cardiologist who did an angiogram - the angio showed two 90% blockages in the left coronary arteries (one was the widowmaker) and one 70% blockage in the right coronary artery.

I had a cardiac arrest during the angiogram and had bypass surgery 4 days later.

If your symptoms worry you ask for a stress test or angiogram (Cardiac cath).
An angiogram is the only 100% way of knowing if you have blocked arteries.

Good Luck.

Last edited by Vyking; 01-15-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #20
(male)

kewe HB User

Saw cardiologist. I guess he thinks I'm overreacting. Didnt do any testing except an ekg and blood pressure. Both fine. He said I am not a cardiac patient. He said its not my heart. But he agreed to do a treadmill stress test on Monday (in 1 week). I dunno so confused. Maybe I'm A. a hypochondriac freak or B. maybe I'm gonna have a heart attack next week. I guess I prefer choice A but it's still not a pleasant way to be

Old 03-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
(female)

DJA12 HB User

Hope all is well, I'm going through something similar and wonder how you are?

Old 03-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #22
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User

So me and you are the same age sound like similar stories but with one exception whats hitting you now hit me about three years ago. Have you had a upper GI or even a abdominal CT ? What I ultimately found out was that I have a hiatal hernia although be it a small one after I eat without fail I get chest pain sometimes left right middle lower. Having said that I thought it was heart related of course so I've been to the cardiolgic had the stress test and heart ultra sound test all came good so my anxiety level went from a 7,8,9 to a 1,2,3 which is manageable. You need to start with a upper GI see if they find anything that away but a lot of HH are found on stomach CT as mine was.
Then I got heart cleared cause I do have a family history of heart issue IE dad, grandfather. This will be a HUGE help on your mind to help clear up stuff. As for the heart burn esophagus spasm also cause chest pain along with heartburn there is medication for the spasms. But how much Zantac are you taking ? I have been on PPI H2 blockers you name it. Once heartburn gets really badly out of wack it can take some time to get it under control.

Reply Reply