It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
(male)

wombat52 HB User
Talking should there be a big bruise after a angiogram

I had a angiogram yesterday at St Vincent in Erie .but there is a big bruise & everytime i look at it the bruise seems to be getting bigger ,
i am not over concerned as yet but excuse the punt but my uumm feels like a mean mule was annoyed at me , & let go with both feet at once plus everytime i get up the cramp in my groin is there , but as i said it was only yesterday ( Monday ) so i guess there will be some soreness for a day or two . but i am a OTR DRIVER & owner operator & got to get back out on the road the only good news out of this was the Angiogram came back normal .. still does not explain the high blood pressure & the chest pains i get but at least i know it not the ticker . so it looks like this old trucker can keep on rolling down the road ..
wombat52

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: should there be a big bruise after a angiogram

I never bruised or had any pain but I believe some people do bruise after the procedure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: should there be a big bruise after a angiogram

I would not be terribly concerned over the bruising, since there has been a puncture made into your artery, and a small amount of leakage is enough to cause bruising which will likely spread before it clears.

In the old days, we had a heavy sand bag laid upon our groin to add pressure to the site to stop any bleeding, as well as left flat on our back until it has all subsided.

In may case, I ended up with a huge bruise that eventually worked its way down to my knees due to gravity. What a sight that was. The results are what count, unless of course you are experiencing any pain, swelling, heat, or fever, in which I would call the doctor for advice.

Reply Reply