It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
(female)

DANAMARIE01 HB User
Quadruple bypass

My dad had a quadruple bypass on jan 3,2013 he has been in icu for 11 days now.he opens his eyes off and on but sleeps mostly.he moans and says very few understandable words and slow movement to the right arm and right leg. He is healing well and is breathing on his own.he yawns,coughs,and clears his throat when he sounds congested.he moves his head to the sound of my voice but cant hold his eys open for long.hes had to have 4 pints of blood within the past 11 days and im startng to freak out. I love my dad soooo much.can anyone tell me what the heck is going on.what to ask the doctors.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Quadruple bypass

Greetings DanaMarie01! Welcome to the Heart disorder health boards! I hope all is continuing to improve. It might be that the lowered consciousness is because of medicines given for pain or other problems that sometimes happen after surgery. Sometimes electrolytes may be off and can be asked about. If desired a person could ask the doctor why he is not alert as usual to see what they say. Usually after most surgeries they ask a person to turn cough and to breathe deeply. This may help relieve the lungs of congestion and may even prevent pneumonia. Of course every person makes their own health care decisions in life and is in charge of their own healthcare. Peace sjb

Last edited by sjb; 01-21-2013 at 07:19 AM. Reason: addition made

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Fizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB UserFizzickle HB User
Re: Quadruple bypass

Did the doctors tell you why 4 units of blood were necessary post-surgery?

Reply Reply