It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

justamom1999 HB User
Question Could I still have a heart problem?

I have been having a feeling of pressure on my heart for the last 5 days. Dzziness. Tired. Kneck and back pain.Nausea. I went to the clinic yesterday and they sent me to the ER to have blood work and a chest X-ray. The ER doctor said that my EKG was normal, blood work and chest X-ray looked fine. He wanted to admit me to monitor me but I didn't want to stay because he said everything looked fine so I came home. I still have the same pain and I am wondering if I should have stayed. My question is...can you still have some sort of heart problem that would not be detected on blood work, EKG, and a chest X-ray? Like I said, I am still having the same pain and sometimes it gets worse. I appreciate any feed back ya'll can give me. Thanks.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Could I still have a heart problem?

You should have stayed. Please consider going back and getting full work up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
(female)

justamom1999 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
You should have stayed. Please consider going back and getting full work up.
Thank you for the response...
What would the full work up have been?

Old 01-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Ultrasound for gallbladder or other issues (nausea, back pain and chest pain are possible symtoms of this), echocardiogram to see the heart beating, and perhaps others. When was your last physical?

Old 01-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
(female)

justamom1999 HB User

I have had my gall bladder removed...a year ago in October. Is an electrocardiogram different from an ekg? I don't know that I've ever had an actual physical? But I go to the Dr...I'm on thyroid medicine and have routine blood work/

Old 01-31-2013, 05:00 AM   #6
(female)

TracyM1 HB User

I had chest pains for a week before my heart attack, I was in and out of the ER many times during that week, each time getting an ECG (EKG) done and it coming back normal. Each time being sent home and being told my heart was fine...on day 7 of the pain I was told I was having a heart attack. I had 2 99% blockages. I am not telling you this to scare you, just letting you know what happened to me and you can still have a problem with your heart despite what the EKG says.

Tracy x

Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 AM   #7
(female)

justamom1999 HB User

Thank you for your response TracyM1. I have still been having the pressure feeling on my chest. If it gets any worse I will go back to the ER. Your response didn't scare me. I've been doing some research on heart problems since I went to the ER and it seems like EKG's are kinda useless in some cases. I guess I should have let them admit me that day like they wanted to but I didn't care for the doc in the ER and neither did my husband. I heard them admit the lady in the next room too and it just kinda seemed like they had rooms to fill that day.
Did you have stints put in? How did they find your blockage? Heart cath? Besides the chest pain did you feel bad too? I hope that you are doing well now. Thank you again for your response.

The following user gives a hug of support to justamom1999:
TracyM1 (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #8
(female)

TracyM1 HB User

Hi again,
I felt very very tired for a few weeks prior to my HA, during the week of my heart attack the only other discomfort I had was on the tops of my arms and my left shoulder. When the HA occurred and I was admitted to hospital, I was told every day that I would go for an angiogram the following day...only to be told that there was an emergency and I would be put on the list for the next day. This went on for 6 days and I ended up signing myself out of hospital as I was feeling better and had a busy 10 bedroom hotel to run ( stupid I know ) I then had to wait 6 weeks for the angiogram, during the procedure ( via my wrist ) the cardiologist told me that I had 2 x 99% blockages and would have been dead in a week!! He fixed me up by putting 2 stents into my arteries. I am not sure if you can request an angiogram...I wish you could as it save so many problems. I hope that you get your problem sorted xxx

Old 01-31-2013, 06:51 AM   #9
(female)

TracyM1 HB User

Hi again,
I felt very very tired for a few weeks prior to my HA, during the week of my heart attack the only other discomfort I had was on the tops of my arms and my left shoulder. When the HA occurred and I was admitted to hospital, I was told every day that I would go for an angiogram the following day...only to be told that there was an emergency and I would be put on the list for the next day. This went on for 6 days and I ended up signing myself out of hospital as I was feeling better and had a busy 10 bedroom hotel to run ( stupid I know ) I then had to wait 6 weeks for the angiogram, during the procedure ( via my wrist ) the cardiologist told me that I had 2 x 99% blockages and would have been dead in a week!! He fixed me up by putting 2 stents into my arteries. I am not sure if you can request an angiogram...I wish you could as it save so many problems. I hope that you get your problem sorted xxx

Reply Reply