It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
(female)

davlin75 HB User
Atrial Fibrillation

Hi, My name is Lin, haven't been on Health Boards for a while. I started out with thyroid issues many years ago & had to have my thyroid & 1 parathyroid removed due to nodules. I started feeling really bad in 2011 & on 11/1/11 I changed DR's because I could not see my Dr it was always the nurse practitioner. The new Dr immediately found that I was in A-Fib. He sent me to his Cardio Dr & they admitted me in the hospital & did a Cardioversion. I stayed in rhythm for a week & then reverted back into A-Fib. Went back into hospital but could not get my heart to go back into sinus rhythm. I have been on several heart meds & also am seeing an Endocrinologist that is working along with my Cardio Dr to get things straightened. They feel that my thyroid meds were not being regulated properly & that threw me into A-Fib. I was Hyperthyroid then. On Oct 2 I had a Reveal Implant to monitor my A-Fib. Then in Dec. 2012 all of my blood work was wacked out & now I am hypothyroid. When I went to my Cardio on 1/17/13 my Dr said I had had 27 episodes since Dec 12, 2012. I was shocked. He said that I had gotten better & that put me at .7%. He said that is much better than 1%. Does anyone know how they come about these percentages & what is considered good & what is considered really bad? My thyroid dosage has been increased slightly so maybe that is helping. Has anyone been through any of this?

Reply Reply