It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
(male)

astoristz HB User
Premature ventricular contraction, can someone help?

hello,

first, my age is 29.

on august 2012 my BP around 160/110, sometimes i feel palpitation, dizzy, faint. then go to cardiologist, and i got checked by ECG and ultrasonograph, all is fine and doctor gave me medication for cholesterol and triglycerides.

after that im fine until a week ago suddenly my BP go 167/112, and palpitation, dizzy, faint like before. im just sitting in front of the computer at that time. in panic, i go to nearest hospital and there's a cardiologist stand by.

here's the result (better than first check)
kidney and thyroid : normal
HDL : normal
LDL : a bit high, around 150, dont remember exaclty
triglycerides : normal
holter monitor : found 1 "VES"(later i google and i think it is ventricular extrasystole or Premature ventricular contraction) that happen three times in a row, i just woke up at that time and i don't feel anything.

then the doctor suggest me to threadmill checkup (i dont know the name, and the test stopped before im 'truly running', more like jogging). found 1 more VES when im resting, but this time it's happen just 1 time, so the doctor said it's no problem, and he said that im normal, just need to take more exercise.

im still not sure about the VES that found earlier with holter monitor, is it dangerous?
and my BP mostly 140-145/90 when relax, sometimes diastole got below 90 but systole is very rare to get below 140, is this normal ?

sorry if there's any wrong word used above, im not very good in english.
thx before for any reply

Last edited by astoristz; 01-27-2013 at 01:25 AM. Reason: nothing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Beefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB User
Re: Premature ventricular contraction, can someone help?

Well, your blood pressure is a bit high, and that could be anxiety and/or lack of exercise. Regular, light, exercise is good for your blood pressure. Also, you might look at your salt intake (reduce), and just make sure you drink plenty of water/fluids. Coffee and tea can raise BP. Remember BP normally varies, and it can vary a lot. It's normally higher after a meal or any exercise, for example. I find it's best to take five readings, and I find each time it drops a bit - that's anxiety, or the "white coat" effect. So I ignore the first 4 readings. Take your BP after relaxing, and preferably at about the same time each day. Attending to diet, and exercise will bring it down.
I would think about a heart rate chest monitor (with a wrist readout). Then you can easily see how your heart rate changes as you exercise. You can set some targets to aim at based on your fitness level and age. You can work on those.
Finally, I don't know what your diet is but I would suggest you should aim at taking 50% of your food intake as raw fruit and vegetables. That is the start of a very good, healthy, diet. One that will help with how you feel, as well as your blood pressure.
One way is to get a vegetable blender (not a juicer, as a lot of goodness is then thrown away), and blend up your vegetable drinks. Blend up carrots, veg. leaves and stalks to make thick mix. Sweeten with apple or pineapple. I do that and make up two large drinks each day. Have it before each meal. (I then follow up with salads.) Even if you don't like or eat salads the veggie drink will do. Work on that, and some light exercise. It's all about diet and exercise.
Hope this helps,
Beefy.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Your BP, in my opinion, should be treated. You are young to have high blood pressure, and that may be triggering the PVC's. PVCs can also be caused by caffeine, smoking, stress/anxiety. I would check your blood pressure when relaxed, keep a record of results, and take to your Dr. BP should not be >140 systolic and >90 diastolic. The criteria for high blood pressue is getting more strict and many people feel that 135/85 is a more accurate level over which to be concerned. There are meds that help both BP and help to supress PVCs. Single PVCs are not usually concerning, but 3 in a row (a run of PVCs) is more concerning. The fact that you are getting dizzy at times probably means your BP is high then, and I would rather see it treated than continue at these levels, especially in light of the symptoms.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Beefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB UserBeefsteak HB User

I can see Ladybud's concerns but personally I would not support medication as the first option. I think there is probably plenty of ground to be gained from diet, exercise, and lifestyle factors. I suggest dealing with these first.

You don't mention your general health and diet. Whether or not you are overweight, and your fitness. Smoking is important too.
Look, to be honest, the way I see it you are probably one or two steps away from a beta blocker. IMO that's a path you want to avoid especially at your young age where the medication should be a last resort. Even if you took medication you would be trying still to correct any lifestyle factors that might be contributing - it's easier to tackle those now before your doctor prescribes anything. Blood pressure medications are not good to be on, and in your case, at your young age, they can probably be avoided.

But seek other opinions. I'm sure there are plenty of helpful comments around.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
(male)

astoristz HB User

thanks for explanation and reply.
yesterday i check my BP on relax time, it was 129/89.
im not smoking, never drink alcohol, but rarely exercise.

3 pvc in a row happens once in 24 hours holter monitor time, and i feel nothing when it happened. and it was only 1 pvc during rest after threadmill test, so doctor said nothing to be concerned.

but now i get more concerned @_@

Last edited by astoristz; 01-28-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Reply Reply