It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
(male)

justaguy300 HB User
Discomfort with low heart rate

Hi,
Does it make sense to feel chest discomfort at a low heart rate?
It seems that when my heart rate goes above 90, I feel bad. Sometimes, even in the 80's, it feels uncomfortable.

My other symptoms are strong palpitations. I can feel the thumps in my chest and it is awful. That's why I have been taking metoprolol low dose. But, a few times a day I still feel them.

Sometimes, I feel vibrations in my chest that seem to have nothing to do with my heart beats. Feels like a cellphone buzzing. Sometimes, it feels like a bubble goes through my vein.
I use to get these spasms from my veins, from different parts of my body but it has been a month, they have stopped.
I use to get nausea, lightheaded, presyncope, but these have disappeared since a month.
I have had 4 attacks in the past. My first attack was with a heart rate of 120. The second was 108. Not sure about the 3rd. The fourth was 110.

I'm thinking I have innappropriate sinus tachycardia.
My heart rate hovered around 92-97 while sitting, before taking metoprolol. I once measured 104 while sitting.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Discomfort with low heart rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaguy300 View Post
Hi,
Does it make sense to feel chest discomfort at a low heart rate?
In my case, having to deal with Heart Failure, Permanent Atrial Fibrillation and Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia (PAT), I can feel chest discomfort, with or without breathing problems, depending upon how well my heart is working.

For me, how fast the heart is beating, while important, is not as important as the quality of the heartbeat.

If my heart has been irritated, it's beat can be slow, fast, erratic, soft, hard, etc.,--- all having symptoms such as chest pain, discomfort, breathing problems, mental confusion, tiredness, malaise, etc.

I have managed to greatly improve my health and my heart thru diet, exercise, avoiding unhhealthy things that irritate my health and my heart, and by taking the wonderful, healing medication, Coreg (Carvedilol).

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 02-04-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennifer0023 HB User

I suffer from extremely high heart rate (at times) i once was admitted to the hospital with 164 beats a minute. Your heart can go up to 300 beats a minute. When I was a child I had a severe case of strip throat (spelled wrong) and due to that..my heart has been an issue. I now have changed my eating habits completely. When you have an attack think of what you ate, or if you were stressed...anxiety can also raise your heart rate..so maybe enroll in a yoga class once a week an learn how to control your breathing (which will calm your heart) I wouldn't worry so much but do a "life change' no soda or low on the caffeine. Do not eat heavy meals after 5pm. drink lots of water. veggie smoothie's...for me, I will never have a heart rate in the 70's..it's my curse but I feel healthy. Good luck

Old 02-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
(male)

justaguy300 HB User

Thanks for the replies.
Machaon. I remember reading your thread. You have a complicated case.
It is good when you experiment and you find something that helps. I use to go out for walks (1 hour) and it would help to get rid of my dizziness. I no longer get dizzy after my attack on dec 6. I could not go out or do much, I had hard palpitations. I had to stay in bed for 2 weeks. Now I can go out and walk but it doesn't help with getting rid of my main symptoms (hard palpitations, heart vibrations, uneasy feeling).

jenniferashley9: I have cut out sodas for a few months now. I have never smoked or drank alcohol. I eat chocolate occasionally. I cut out drinking milk. I'm eating cereal with hot water. It isn't helping so maybe I'll start with the milk again.
Doesn't your heart rate go into the 70's when you are sleeping? Are you taking a beta-blocker?

Yes, stress can have a large effect. For example, when going to a dentist, even if I have a severe tooth ache, the pain gets cut in half.

I really hate the palpitations I have now. I feel it pulsing in the veins in my back. The palpitations are constantly present, even if they are weak sometimes. Before dec 6, at least it wasn't constant. I had many days without symptoms.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

jennifer0023 HB User

They gave me lopressure (spelled wrong) and it almost killed me one night. After that the doctor, because I'm young, didn't want to give me anything to take. I am sure as I age and get older, I will be put on some kind of medication.

Reply Reply