It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
(male)

icedtea HB User
Chest Tightness

Hello Everyone,

I am a newer member and did not see a place for this among the other forum topics. For about 2 weeks now I have been having chest tightness right in the middle of my pecs. It is not really a pain and just feels aggravated. It comes and goes and I feel as though I can breath just fine when it is happening. I still have an appetite, no weight loss, no weight gain, no vomiting, nothing. I did have a shingles break out in December - not sure if this could be from that. I have tried Tums to see if it was indigestion or heart burn and it did not seem to help.

I have experienced something like this in the past and come to find out it was anxiety. I am leaning towards it being that again. I have not went to the emergency room because the pain is not sudden and it not as bothersome as I would think a heart attack would feel like. Also the pain/tightness does not extend to my arms, back, neck, stomach areas.

Any ideas/theories?

Old 02-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
(female)

giantloser HB User
Re: Chest Tightness

is the tightness/pain near your sternum?

I experienced a very weird tightening sensation in my sternum a couple years back and didst do anything about it because I suffered from panic attacks. I continued like this until I had a panic attack whilst this tightening happened so got taken to the emergency room. I was found to be suffering from a mild case of costochondritis - an inflammation of the sternum.

this diagnosis lead to physio, medication etc for a year or so and now I'm fine! don't know if this is relevant in your case, but thought you'd appreciate some sort of reply.

hope all is well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
(male)

icedtea HB User
Re: Chest Tightness

^ Thank you! It went away all by itself now. I am leaning toward stress/anxiety. I told my doctor Tuesday when I was there and she going to do some test.

Reply Reply