It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

Vickster24 HB User
Newbie & Frightened

Hi,

Last June i went to my GP for a repeat prescription for Zoton for acid reflux and i was breathing rather fast and hard (was normal to me) so he done a mini ECG and it showed my heart rate was 184 so he sent me straight to A&E where i had a proper ECG, blood work, urine test and X-ray, everything came back clear other then the fact i had a racing heart, when it got down to 140 they let me go home and made an appointment for me to wear a holter monitor for 24 hours in September, in December i finally got to see a cardiologist who said they would do more tests and still had not listened to the holter monitor recording!! (i was furious)

Last month i went and had a Echo cardiogram which showed i was tachycardia and 2 of the heart valves (they was 3 letter words one with a c and one with a v) was contracting, i also got the results for the holter monitor which showed i have a continuous heart rate of 150-160.

Tomorrow i am getting an event monitor put on for 30 days to try and catch one of my episodes, these being that in the beginning every so often i would get a sharp pain in my chest (between my breasts) and then i would feel like i could not get enough oxygen even tho i was taking deep breaths, these would last about 45 minutes and then i would be very tired and usually fall asleep in the chair for a few hours. Now this happens every day sometimes more then once a day and i pass out for a minute or two and then i get very tired and fall asleep. Now the cardiologists are saying there is a possibility i have epilepsy and that is why i am passing out. :/

I am always tired, physically tired, i am a student and my course finishes this May and i have missed loads already due to this. I am so scared to go to sleep that the only time i do sleep is if i pass out because i can no longer keep my eyes open, i am so scared because when i have gone to bed i have woken up struggling to breath and my heart going like a F1 car

The doctors are speeding up trying to get to the bottom of this so they can start treating what ever is causing all of this so that i am happy about.

Nobody seems to understand tho, my GP told me to explain it that if they went to the gym for 2 hours and done a full cardiac work up how tired would they feel after? and that is me 24/7 7 days a week, but they still don't get it.

I've been advised to stay away from stress, any form of exercise or anything that would naturally increase your heart rate so i literally can do nothing!!

Sorry its so long....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
(female)

Vickster24 HB User
Re: Newbie & Frightened

I forgot to mention i often get pains in my left arm, my hands turn blue and i get pins and needles alot in my hands and feet for no reason :/

Old 02-19-2013, 01:48 AM   #3
(male)

RightAnswerPlz HB User

Sorry that you're having to deal with this. Definitely not fun. Sorry I have nothing insightful to say regarding your post other than I wish for your answers and concerns to what's happening to be figured by the drs as soon as possible. Stay as positive as you can... There's is a light at the end of this

Old 02-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
(female)

Vickster24 HB User

Thank you, i am trying to stay positive but im feeling rather beat lately just wish i had proper answers so i can start treating it, but again thank you for your reply

Old 02-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
(male)

justaguy300 HB User

I did not understand. You had a echocardiogram 2 of your heart valves are what?

Old 02-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
(female)

Vickster24 HB User

He said that 2 things were contracting which was a concern both were 3 letter words one had a v and the other an a

Reply Reply