It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
(female)

jujuju50 HB User
Test Results--Please Help

Hi Everyone:
I hope everyone is doing well. My name is Julie and I guess I have a heart problem that I was just told bout and confussed by it all...

I am pretty scared as my older sister at the age of 56 two years ago died in her sleep from a heart attack, she was a very healthy person so we thought...So I am freaked out.

Just have a Echocradiography/stress test with echo. He called me and said he thinks I had a silent heart attack and wants me to go for an angiorgram. He is not sure tho. Two years ago I battled Breast Cancer with 40 rounds of radiation and back then my heart was FINE as I had the same test done. I also battled Mono and lyme in 2007 and 2012.

1. Left ventricular systolic function is moderately depressed
Estimated left ventricular ejection fraction is 35 to 40%
Global hypokinesis
No significatn valular abnormalities

I meet with him on Tuesday to discuss all this, but I would like to know if any of you have any idea about the above.

Thank you so much
Julie

Old 03-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Test Results--Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuju50 View Post
Hi Everyone:
I hope everyone is doing well. My name is Julie ...
Hi Julie! You have a nice way of starting your post!

Quote:
Two years ago I battled Breast Cancer with 40 rounds of radiation and back then my heart was FINE as I had the same test done. I also battled Mono and lyme in 2007 and 2012.
You have been through quite a lot, and have battled back each time. That took a lot of courage and determination. Congratulations!

Quote:
1. Left ventricular systolic function is moderately depressed
Estimated left ventricular ejection fraction is 35 to 40%
Global hypokinesis
No significatn valular abnormalities
Your heart seems to have a diminished pumping ability (ejection fraction) somewhat verified by the diminished movement of your left ventricle walls (Global hypokinesis).

The important thing, to me, is not to dwell on the possible weakening of your heart, but to take steps to improve the health and the pumping ability of your heart going forward.

I suffered from disabling heart failure, permanent atrial fibrillation, chronically high blood pressure, diabetes 2, high cholesterol and high triglycerides, etc, 25 years ago. I am now close to 70 and feeling and doing much better than I did 25 years ago!

Rather than reposting my recovery story here, please refer to my thread:
My enlarged, stretched out heart (CHF) is rapidly getting better. , at link: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/863130-my-enlarged-stretched-out-heart-chf-rapidly-getting-better.html
I am not suggesting that you agree with or follow any of things that I did to improve my health and the health of my heart. But, you might find some of what I did interesting or helpful.

Take care and congratulations, again, for battling back from breast cancer, Mono and lyme!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
jujuju50 (03-09-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
(female)

jujuju50 HB User
Re: Test Results--Please Help

Thank you so much for making me feel better...I sure will read your story....I think it will do me a world of good....It was very kind of you to share your story with me.

Hugs

Reply Reply