It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2013, 03:41 AM   #1
(male)

Adel28 HB User
trivial mitral regurgitation and mildly thickened mitral valve !

hi everyone im a 28 male smoker 5'8" ,60 kg / 132 lb
i've had few what seemed to be panic attacks , so i went to cardiologist ,he examined me and told me everything is fine , but it would be wise to make echocardiography
so i did , the results came back with everything normal except for mitral valve
it says "mildly thickened mitral valve, no stenosis, no prolapse, trivial regurgitation

since i was feeling anxious and depressed this made me even more and more depressed specially im going through hard times which was the reason for these panic attacks , i was searching for the causes and i had none of them so i dont know how did it happen !!

i want to know few things so i can get it out of my mind

what are the symptoms , if there is any under trivial/mildly classification ?
i understand the regurgitation effects , but i dont know what the thickness of valve effects ?
how progressive is my case ,im only 28 so what should i expect in the next 10 years of my life?
and what can i do to stop it there! , i used to work out (on and of) never been overweight in my life ,my blood pressure is always in the normal range ,and i dont drink alcohol at all ,my only health vice is smoking which i was already planing on quitting even before having any health problems,
thanks in advance i hope someone can help answering my questions

The following user gives a hug of support to Adel28:
sjb (03-21-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: trivial mitral regurgitation and mildly thickened mitral valve !

Greetings! Welcome to the Heart disorder healthboards! I can say what I would do to improve my health. I would agree to quit smoking. I would not use sugar as this can cause anxiety, panic attacks and depression. I would get outside for a daily walk after meals and for an hour daily as this lifts depression in some people if it is not circumstantial related. I would not go out between the hours of 10 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon to decrease chances of skin cancer. I would not use weight lifting for workouts or lift more than the weight of the baby or the groceries.
Of course everyone makes their own health care choices and is in charge of their own health care.

I would not use meat products as animals often have cancer themselves and by eating it there is a chance of transmitting it to you. It often contributes to cholesterol and fatty plaque in the heart anyway.

I would quit using fresh oranges and nothing but fresh oranges for three days. Eating oranges has been known to help with cravings after the 3 days are up. I would take lots of showers during this time to help clear the tobacco from the system. I would drink lots of water. Every time I had a craving I would think stop, I don't want one of those cancer sticks ever again because I do not wish to sicken and die from cancer and I want to improve my health. Cancer is very painful and I do not wish to have the pain from that disease, by stopping now and staying a non-smoker I will lessen my chances of dying from that disease greatly. When alcoholics drink they tell them to keep putting off a drink and say to themselves I can wait 5 more minutes. At the end of that 5 minutes I can wait 5 more minutes etc. never ever picking up a drink again.

I would never buy a cigarette never or the things required for it. I would throw away all ashtrays cigarette cartons, packages, ashtrays lighters etc. and vaccum all the floor, furniture, steam cleaning furniture also if possible clean all walls and ceiling with water as these will contain smoke particles that smell and may cause a person to desire another cigarette as a trigger. I would also open windows wide to help clear the air better. I would request friends and family to smoke outside and not in your presence. I would also make new non-smoking friends.

I cannot promise a cure for the thickened valve and feel sorry about it. Peace, sjb

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
Adel28 (03-21-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
(male)

Adel28 HB User

thanks alot for the suggestions even though it didnt answer my questions , but i really do appreciate it alot

Old 03-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings, sometimes there are no symptoms and no problems with trivial disease because it is only a slight tissue variation. Sometimes if the disease progresses because of dental or valve infection from elsewhere there may be symptoms which may cause anxiety, a feeling of ones heart beating in the chest, shortness of breath, a raised pulse, fainting, dizziness, tiredness, blackouts or fainting if it becomes severe. The valve can rupture and cause death if in severe cases which in your case according to what was said it is not a severe case. Rupture could potentially occur in my opinion for severe cases if there is sudden or intense abdominal pressure from intense exercise, a valsalva manueva with the bathroom when a person pushes from a bowel movement. Other potential problems might be from a car accident or other injury to the body from the outside.

I do not suggest being sedentary much either because the heart is a muscle like every other muscle in the body it needs moderate exercise. A brisk walk is probably very safe but a cardiologist could answer questions about a person's particular case to see what they will say. Sometimes surgery is done to correct these but of course these are usually done in the severe cases and there is also the chance that more scar tissue infection or death from surgery or clots will occur. Peace, sjb

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
Adel28 (03-21-2013)
Reply Reply