It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
(male)

clay1106 HB User
Recovering Alcoholic and AFib

I am an Alcoholic, For the past few years I would go into AFib about once a month. Since I have been in AA (90 days today, 3-24-13) and have stopped drinking I have no longer felt is if I was going into AFib. When I was drinking, I could usually feel when I was in AFib. My question is this, am I still at risk for AFib?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User
Re: Recovering Alcoholic and AFib

Alcohol can put you at greater risk of having AFib.

If Alcohol is the cause of your AFib then I would expect it to stop if you no longer drink.

Last edited by Vyking; 03-24-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Recovering Alcoholic and AFib

Greetings! Welcome to the healthboards clay106! My sympathies, I am sorry to inform that there are many things that can cause it in the doctor opinions besides alcohol. There are other substances, food additives, disease, chemicals in drinking or shower water, toothpaste even blood sugar changes that can cause it. I would study more to find out more to help prevent these and do positive healthy lifestyle changes. Peace, sjb

Reply Reply