It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
(female)

kris85 HB User
28 year old with heart problems? is it possible? help please!!!

Hi guys, new to this part but hoping for some reassurance or advice.

I'm a 28 year old female, healthy weight, work out most days, eat well.. etc. I dont smoke or anything and am otherwise healthy besides high cholesterol that is genetic (my ratios are ok though).. my blood pressure generally sits at about 100/70 & my resting heart rate is usually 60-70bpm

For the past few years I have on and off suffered chronic lightheadedness/dizziness, brain fog type symtoms. Have ALWAYS been stressed about my heart (no idea why) & have had a number of different heart tests over the years.. the most recent were an echocardiogram & a carotid ultrasound (have in the past had others as well) - both tests were fine.

I had a baby around 10 months ago, and not long after that i started getting a discomfort feeling in the centre of my chest which is usually relieved by burping but then comes back. Its on and off and eating does not influence it. I did brush it off but now have read it can be a symptom of heart disease?? It also sometimes feels like I've swallowed a bunch of pills and they're stuck

I have also lately felt way worse with my dizziness, nausea on and off, tired all the time and the whole burping thing. I also get some pains in my left shoulder and arm but I do have problems with my back and neck so that could be explained. I'm so paranoid about my heart & the doctors wont do any further tests as i am low risk and young. I even take asprin I'm that paranoid

Do my symptoms point to heart related problems?? i though I'd also mention when I exercise I feel fine, no pain or anything.

I'm just so tired of this whole thing and not knowing whats going on with my body.. If I could rule out heart disease once and for all it would be a huge relief but doctors dont seem to take me seriously at my age

thanks anyone for any advice!!

Last edited by kris85; 03-26-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: 28 year old with heart problems? is it possible? help please!!!

Greetings! My sympathies to you. Since the heart tests were fine perhaps it is really the stomach and inflammation in it. I would first of all stop the aspirin as that can irritate the stomach and in some cases even perforate it. Motrin can also perforate the stomach and I would avoid it like the plague. I would eat some cabbage without vinegar dressings or without mayonnaise and avoid ketchup and spices. Cabbage juice is said to be healing to the stomach and carrot juice can make it more palatable if desired.

A nice heating pad might be comforting to sore parts. Sometimes the nightshade plants are said to cause joint pain if a person has a sensitivity to these. These would include potato, tomato, pepper, eggplant and paprika.

When the stomach pain occurs before a meal I would drink a large amount of water. The water helps contribute to the mucous barrier in the stomach. At least 50 ounces of water for every 100 pounds body weight needs to be had every day.

Perhaps the doctors might recommend a nice physical therapist to help with gentle arm exercises to help. A Physiatrist might also be useful for spine and arm. Of course everyone makes their own health care choices in life and is in charge of their own health care. Personally I might not bother with the professionals especially since they have already been seen anyway. Peace, sjb

Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
(male)

justaguy300 HB User

Your blood pressure seems a little low. Could it be a reason you get dizzy and lightheaded?
You can try to experiment. Increase salt intake to increase pressure.

Yes, I use to get sever nausea and did burps too.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings! Salt might increase blood pressure and may also increase stomach acidity. They say the appropriate amount to have is about a half a teaspoon daily including the amount already in food. Olives are said to be soothing to the gastrointestinal system. Oats may also be soothing. Peace, sjb

Old 03-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris85 View Post
... For the past few years I have on and off suffered chronic lightheadedness/dizziness, brain fog type symptoms. ... I had a baby around 10 months ago, and not long after that i started getting a discomfort feeling in the centre of my chest which is usually relieved by burping but then comes back. ... It also sometimes feels like I've swallowed a bunch of pills and they're stuck ... I have also lately felt way worse with my dizziness, nausea on and off, tired all the time and the whole burping thing. I also get some pains in my left shoulder and arm ...
Your symptoms seem to relate more towards environmental illness/MCS and allergies rather than heart disease, IMHO.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 03-26-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Reply Reply