It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
(male)

tarheeldad HB User
20,000+ PVC's a day!!

Went to ER a 6 weeks ago was admitted to cardiac unit since I was in bigimeny and had chest tightness, etc. Echocardiogram normal. Nuclear treadmill stress test normal, all blood work normal. No high blood pressure, cholesterol great, magnesium, potassium and the usual suspects all good.
Only things abnormal then and now is that I continue to throw 20,000+ PVC's a day. After finally getting holter monitor results back I am scheduled to meet with EP.......but that is 7 more weeks before he can see me.
Cardiologist believes problem is in right ventricle, however, when a cardiologist says these are benign, he or she has never experienced what I am experiencing. This has completely rearranged and affected my quality of life and is about to drive me nuts. I have taken verapamil (no difference @ 250mg daily) and now switching to metaprolol. I also take 1mg Ativan to help me sleep since the constant thumping in my chest keeps me awake.
This came out of the blue.
I can hardly work....no energy....shortness of breath--numbing fatigue.
Anyone had ablation that worked? Any words of wisdom welcome

Old 04-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #2
(female)

pinkblossom HB User
Re: 20,000+ PVC's a day!!

Hi, im not sure that these are words of wisdom but I had a period when I was seventeen years old and at school when every second "heartbeat" was a pvc and it was absolutely terrifying. They were recorded and deemed within normal limits! After around two weeks they just disappeared. I now have another problem of racing heart but the pvc's have stayed away. So just really to try to reassure you that you can live with them and they wont harm you. Obviously its wise to get all the tests you are having completed. Its good that your earlier results were all good. Lots of luck, Lily.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply