It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
(male)

JasonKahl HB User
LAD AFTER 2 EKG's saying Active MI

I had two EKG's both indicating a active MI. I was told to go home and wait for them to schedule a Angio Gram.
They scheduled the procedure the next week, two days before the procedure I had the "Widow Maker", LUCKY for me I live close to a Heart Specialty Hospital I had a 100% blockage and have a stent put in.

TWO EKG's saying active MI,they did not even run labs sent me home "screwed" the pooch when putting the Order in.(Instead of "STAT" they scheduled "With in one week"

Now I am being told they did nothing wrong?

Does ANY doctor send someone home after TWO EKG's indicating a active MI not even running labs?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: LAD AFTER 2 EKG's saying Active MI

NO! You should have been admitted to cardiac care unit of hospital straight from ER.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
(male)

VALVE HB User

Hi,

EKG's call MI regularly in the absence of MI, an experienced physicians, preferably heart, is superior and can help prevent unnecessary tests although it sounds yours was necessary!

Many physicians have the bad habit of telling their patients that they have the 'widowmaker', this in actuality refers to the left main coronary artery, and in that case you would typically have had bypass, also if you had a true 100% left main you would not be alive, that said, 100% LAD is not exactly desirable!

Glad you recieved the treatment you needed

Old 05-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALVE View Post
Many physicians have the bad habit of telling their patients that they have the 'widowmaker', this in actuality refers to the left main coronary artery, and in that case you would typically have had bypass, also if you had a true 100% left main you would not be alive, that said, 100% LAD is not exactly desirable!
That's not true -
The LAD is the one nicknamed the 'Widowmaker' and not all patients require bypass surgery, I personally know many who have had stents inserted into their LAD's.
Surgery is only necessary if a stent can't be inserted because of difficulty or location of the blockage.

I had a triple bypass myself in 2009.

Reply Reply