HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Heart Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/)
-   -   Heart Beating Hard (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/949135-heart-beating-hard.html)

messplay 05-09-2013 05:53 PM

Heart Beating Hard

I'm 23yrs old, male. I am in good shape, I am not obese ( 6'1" @ 165lbs ). I have always had white coat hypertension to an extent and may have a little bit of High Blood Pressure but I have checked my levels at home at random times on and off and they can be read from 120-135/70-85.

Since I am a little on the lighter side with my weight, my chest has always been somewhat "thin" where I can see my heart beat/pulse. Lately I have been focusing on it more and my t-shirt moves with the beat, it is that strong. I had a Holtor monitor a little over a month ago when I was dealing with a lot of health anxiety (maybe this is what is left but I do not have many streessors in my life at the moment) and the Holtor monitor results came back fine - the Cardiologist said it was perfect and nothing to worry about with any of the readings.

I was wondering if anyone has heard or has dealt with similar situations. My resting pulse with my blood pressure monitor is around the mid 70's to upper 80's. At the gym I can literally feel my heart beat through my body it seems and of course it is elevated while exercising to mid 90's and above.

Any concerns here?

Thank you

Vyking 05-09-2013 09:29 PM

Re: Heart Beating Hard

Everything sounds ok to me. :)
I think the reason for your slightly elevated BP is due to anxiety.
Your heart rate is pretty much normal.

Machaon 05-11-2013 07:37 AM

[QUOTE=messplay;5172634]I have always had white coat hypertension[/QUOTE]

How high does your "white coat" hypertension get?

[QUOTE]I can see my heart beat/pulse.[/QUOTE]

Can you also feel your heart beat? Does it beat steady, or does it jump around a little? Does it feel erratic at all?

[QUOTE]Lately I have been focusing on it more and my t-shirt moves with the beat, it is that strong.[/QUOTE]

Is it strong when you are just sitting around?

[QUOTE]Holtor monitor results came back fine - the Cardiologist said it was perfect and nothing to worry about with any of the readings.[/QUOTE]

How many ventricular or supra ventricular ectopic beats registered on the 24 hour Holter Monitor summary report? What were your minimum and maximum heart rates on the report?

[QUOTE]At the gym I can literally feel my heart beat through my body it seems and of course it is elevated while exercising to mid 90's and above.[/QUOTE]

Do you get any shortness of breath? Chest pains? Lightheadedness? Ever feel like you are going to pass out? Do you occasionally over-sweat?

[QUOTE]Any concerns here? Thank you[/QUOTE]

That's difficult for the non-professionals, here on Healthboards, to answer, especially since we don't have privy to any of your medical tests or records.

I think that you are doing the right thing by getting your health concerns checked out with medical professionals.

justaguy300 05-13-2013 05:06 PM

I don't think you have much to be concerned about.
I have pounding heart beat almost all the time. I don't exercise anymore since even a little bit of effort raises my heart rate (90s to 100s) and it beats very strong. When it reaches the 90s, already I feel crappy. It can be seen on my chest, my throat. I can sometimes feel my veins in chest and my back.