It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB User
PVC'S aka Palps

I used to get a pvc here and there, but not very often, maybe twice a year. Just a month ago I started getting them every day, on and off all day long. I had just seen my MD about 7 weeks ago and at that time he said he didn't think I was a candidate for heart disease. I've done alot of research and found that alot of people have this problem and are told they are fine and they just need to learn to live with it. Well maybe a person does get used to it after awhile, but mine freeze me in my tracks. I'm trying to figure out how to handle this so that they don't scare me to death all the time. Truth be told, when I'm having them, I'm a wreck, scared, crying.... just horrible feeling. Hubby is zero help as he is very quiet and hardly says 10 words all day long, so I don't have any verbal or moral support, which I think I really need badly! I also did alot of research online and reading of books on magnesium and have found that many MD's say we don't get enough and that taking mag every day will help with palps. I have taken mag citrate for years, a couple of caps a day, but decided to get the powder that you mix with H20 as it is more easily absorbable by the body.

Any advice, hints, clues, experiences, smacks upside the head? I need to hear from someone who's been there and done that. Thank you in advance!!

Old 05-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
(male)

man648 HB User
Re: PVC'S aka Palps

Hiya. I too have had times, over the years with PVCs. Right now I am on the last day of my 30 day wireless heart monitor. I have had so few to send during the 30 days I have had it. Bit that is how mine acts. I'll go days with little to no PVCs and days with a lot of them. It is so unpredictable! My wife is very supportive and my cardiologist says there is nothing to worry about. RIGHT!!!!!! I wished he could experience these nasty PVCs for a while and as hard and active the PVCs can be. It has been many years but I am still here but at the times the PVCS are at their worst I can't help but to be alarmed. The hard ones make me jump causing the recording to see artifact (sp) The book that came with the monitor says to go about my daily routine, but then if I am moving, bending or whatever, I can't be still at the recording time. I wouldn't recommend the wireless monitor because it has set itself off for no reason at all as well as when I have symptoms and I push the monitor button the cell phone communicator looses signal as well as other problems. It does send most of the ones I send but I have to call the monitoring site and check in with them to be sure. Go figure! I wish the best for you and try your best to adapt to them. This is a wonderful site to read about other people having similar PVC problems and a very good way to compare notes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for your reply man648. It helps to hear from others that are experiencing the same thing. You're lucky to have a supportive wife. Just to hear some kind words from my husband would take alot of the fear out of these things when they hit really hard, but it's dead silence and then I focus completely on the pvc's and of course that makes them seem worse. I have to learn to divert my attention to something else when need be. This is going to take awhile to learn to do!

Old 05-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Several days ago I started taking Magnesium Citrate with potassium in the powder form. You mix a small scoop of it with hot water and drink it. I have taken mag citrate in capsule form for years, but apparently wasn't getting enough. Since I started the powder form in hot water, I went from non-stop pvc's to almost none. Also read the book, 'The Miracle of Magnesium' by Carolyn Dean, MD. She talks about doctors that don't bother looking into a magnesium deficiency, but just would rather write out a prescription to treat the symptoms and along with that drug, comes alot of negative side effects. She explains how the heart HAS to have magnesium and potassium in order to operate efficiently and most of us, including kids, are lacking it due to our lousy, processed and fast food diets. Get the book..it's an awakening!

Last edited by Administrator; 05-20-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
(female)

stargazer1977 HB User

Marilyn, can I ask what kind of Magnesium citrate + potassium supplement you are using? (brand name and where you bought it?) Any idea how that compares to transdermal magnesium? That is supposed to be one of the best ways to absorb magnesium. I have been using magnesium oil in baths and sprayed on my skin and haven't seen a difference yet, but I have been bad about using it regularly. Thanks!

Old 05-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I just bought the Vitacost brand, 'Magnesium Citrate with potassium'. I think you really need to ingest it in order for it to work. the one I bought really worked wonders and I was having pvc's all day long to the point where I was just paralyzed with fear.. didn't dare move for fear that I was going to drop dead. Maybe them stopping is just temporary or a fluke.. or maybe it really is the magnesium, which our heart so desperately needs.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-20-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Wow.. just heard that Elvis died from fatal heart arrhythmia, caused by lack of mag and being constipated! Whoa!!

Last edited by Administrator; 05-20-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

How old are you, Marilyn? Have you considered that it is hormonal related? Are you in peri or menopause because heart palps are a common symptom for that. And while those things may have been the final cause of his death, drug abuse is what caused them...and therefore his death.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

I didn't read the autopsy report, so don't know the exact reason for Elvis's death, just saying what I heard.

I'm 61, well past peri-menopause.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-20-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
(female)

stargazer1977 HB User

]

Thanks! I just asked because I have only seen the pill form of magnesium supplements, I wasn't sure if it was something you can just get at Walgreens or CVS or whatever, or only thru mail order.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-20-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

But you are menopausal so it could still be the hormones.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Could be hormones, but I'm also deficient in magnesium. Whatever it is, I don't want it!

Old 05-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
But you are menopausal so it could still be the hormones.
You mean if these are caused by hormones, then they're temporary? I don't have them like I did for that whole month, but am having a few today..maybe because I'm eating too much sugar today.

Reply Reply