It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
(female)

CoffyDrinker711 HB User
Weird night time stuff

Hi-

I'm in my '50's, have well controlled high BP and partial seizures, PVC's and migraines. For the past few months I've been waked up from sleep with a sense of breathlessness and PVC's. It's sent me to the ED twice with no end result.

The other night I was awakened this way and my left arm just got more and more numb and I had a real sense of impending doom. It was awful.

In the ED my troponin was normal, some PVC's on ECG; I asked the doc if it could be sleep apnea and he said I don't have the body habitus for it, so probably not.

Anyone else experiencing this? I don't have an anxiety or panic disorder- but I have read that it is possible to have panic attacks while asleep.

Cheers

Coffy

Old 08-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
(female)

RainbowBridge HB User
Re: Weird night time stuff

I had an issue with my left arm going numb-turns out I had an injury in my neck (found out years later after one of the doctors stated maybe I had a stroke. I couldn't find out- MRI because I didn't have insurance) so don't freak out just yet..sometimes it could be totally something else. Plus, when you get very scared-a panic attack usually follows.
Hopefully you have a good doctor that can walk you through the many possibilities. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
(female)

Ilovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB User
Re: Weird night time stuff

I am surprised that a doctor has not ordered a sleep apnea test...This is when you go to a medical sleep center and they attach probs to you to see how your breathing is when you sleep...Many people can develop heart problems if they struggle during their sleep...Some can even die... You may want to check this out...Take care..ILD....

Reply Reply