It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2004, 10:25 AM   #1
Inactive

Copper HB User
Red face geno this, geno that

I've been TRYING to research this dread disease, but I keep getting hung-up (in my understanding) when the writer starts going into all the details of viral counts, medications, etc. - all the technical gobbletygook.

The whole geno-type thing just leaves me VERY !!!! I understand the differences between between geno-types 1, 2, and 3. But, now I see it is FURTHER separated by geno-type 1a & 1b. This is where my confusion begins, as my doc never mentioned there was a division of the type 1. I can't seem to find anything that addresses this - probably using the wrong search phrases. The only thing I DID find was a very brief mention that type 1b responds to treatment less well than type 1a. Of course, I have 1b!

So, anything that might help me get a handle on what all this means is VERY appreciated. Yeah, yeah, I COULD wait until the doc comes thru with the info, but that's not looking very hopeful.

Thanks,

The Following User Says Thank You to Copper For This Useful Post:
luyingjie (01-25-2012)
Old 01-04-2004, 12:26 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

thanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB User
Re: geno this, geno that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper
I've been TRYING to research this dread disease, but I keep getting hung-up (in my understanding) when the writer starts going into all the details of viral counts, medications, etc. - all the technical gobbletygook.

The whole geno-type thing just leaves me VERY !!!! I understand the differences between between geno-types 1, 2, and 3. But, now I see it is FURTHER separated by geno-type 1a & 1b. This is where my confusion begins, as my doc never mentioned there was a division of the type 1. I can't seem to find anything that addresses this - probably using the wrong search phrases. The only thing I DID find was a very brief mention that type 1b responds to treatment less well than type 1a. Of course, I have 1b!

So, anything that might help me get a handle on what all this means is VERY appreciated. Yeah, yeah, I COULD wait until the doc comes thru with the info, but that's not looking very hopeful.

Thanks,
Essentially, you have it. It is exactly the way you have described it above. There isn't anything more to it that is significant. Response rates are the lowest.

I hope this helps,

thanbey

Last edited by Administrator; 08-09-2014 at 11:14 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to thanbey For This Useful Post:
luyingjie (01-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2004, 01:04 AM   #3
Inactive

Copper HB User
Re: geno this, geno that

Thanks Thanbey,

I appreciate your answer. Thanks for taking the time -

Closed Thread