It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 12:23 PM   #1

psalm23 HB User
Can Hep C leave body odors.

Question:

Can Hep C leave someone with body odors. Need to know, someone who stays with us, has both diabetics and hep c and has a very unhealthy and neauseating body odor. (not its not the bar of soap and shower remedy)

Suggestions appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2004, 12:52 PM   #2
(female)

huney11 HB User
Re: Can Hep C leave body odors.

This is a new one for me. I honestly have never heard this before but I'm so new at all of this...someone more experienced could probably help you out here. I'm thinking the only way is if this person is not practicing good hygiene everyday such as showering, deodorant etc. As far as diabetes, I couldn't help you on that at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2004, 04:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

thanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psalm23
Question:

Can Hep C leave someone with body odors. Need to know, someone who stays with us, has both diabetics and hep c and has a very unhealthy and neauseating body odor. (not its not the bar of soap and shower remedy)

Suggestions appreciated.

HepC is not known to cause body odor. I don't know whether this is something a diabetic might experience or not.

I DO know that proper laundering of clothing, personal hygiene and proper diet could be factors, OR maybe this person is using a product that just smells BAD on them. That happens, too. With Christmas just past, maybe there was a gift ill chosen?

As difficult as it may be, maybe a frank talk is in order. If it were me, I would appreciate knowing and having the opportunity to do something about it.

thanbey

Old 01-18-2004, 06:21 PM   #4

What4 HB User

FYI...

Symptoms associated with Liver Dysfunction:

External Signs
Coated tongue. Bad breath. Skin rashes. Itchy skin (pruritus). Excessive sweating. Offensive body odour Dark circles under the eyes. Yellow discolouration of the eyes. Red swollen itchy eyes (allergic eyes). Acne rosacea - (red pimples around the nose, cheeks and chin). Brownish spots and blemishes on the skin (liver spots). Red palms and soles which may also be itchy and inflamed. Flushed facial appearance or excessive facial blood vessels (capillaries/ veins).

Old 01-19-2004, 08:47 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

thanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by What4
FYI...

Symptoms associated with Liver Dysfunction:

External Signs
Coated tongue. Bad breath. Skin rashes. Itchy skin (pruritus). Excessive sweating. Offensive body odour Dark circles under the eyes. Yellow discolouration of the eyes. Red swollen itchy eyes (allergic eyes). Acne rosacea - (red pimples around the nose, cheeks and chin). Brownish spots and blemishes on the skin (liver spots). Red palms and soles which may also be itchy and inflamed. Flushed facial appearance or excessive facial blood vessels (capillaries/ veins).
Thanks for this information, What4.

While it could be the case that a body odour is a result of liver disease, it is not a sign of hepatitis C, per se.

I hope this helps,

thanbey

Last edited by Administrator; 08-09-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Old 06-30-2004, 08:21 AM   #6

psalm23 HB User

I never told anyone the whole story. This women has diabetis and HepC along with that a nasty body odor. Also has depression. And no energy either. Constantly tired and sleeps all the time. On weekends, and at night after work, she would sleep all the time.

She did finally move out this past march only after I told her the following.
By Virginia Law I can legally ask you to clean this basement out. If you will not do so, you have the following option. 1. Furnish me with a Dr's note and 2 opinions and an appropriate diagnosis as to why you can't clean up the basement, you also will not back up the sleeping bad in front of the heater room door, because that is a fire hazard. You will also get a Dr's note regarding your nasty body odor. The reply you gave me before of its too expensive to take care, don't cut it. You make over 50K a year, and thats no excuse.

She works for the govt and has been transferred at least twice in her lab (she a med tech) because of the body odor. They can't fire her and can't counsel her because it don't interfere with her job.

I don't think she's really had a physically exam in the past year, also something is going on that she won't do anything about.

We have just about cut off ties with her. I won't deal with a nasty pig. She's been this way for year.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:18 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psalm23
I never told anyone the whole story. This women has diabetis and HepC along with that a nasty body odor. Also has depression. And no energy either. Constantly tired and sleeps all the time. On weekends, and at night after work, she would sleep all the time.

She did finally move out this past march only after I told her the following.
By Virginia Law I can legally ask you to clean this basement out. If you will not do so, you have the following option. 1. Furnish me with a Dr's note and 2 opinions and an appropriate diagnosis as to why you can't clean up the basement, you also will not back up the sleeping bad in front of the heater room door, because that is a fire hazard. You will also get a Dr's note regarding your nasty body odor. The reply you gave me before of its too expensive to take care, don't cut it. You make over 50K a year, and thats no excuse.

She works for the govt and has been transferred at least twice in her lab (she a med tech) because of the body odor. They can't fire her and can't counsel her because it don't interfere with her job.

I don't think she's really had a physically exam in the past year, also something is going on that she won't do anything about.

We have just about cut off ties with her. I won't deal with a nasty pig. She's been this way for year.

I can understand your frustration, however, I am having trouble with your your lack of compassion. You have called her work and been gossiping about her, too?

You understand that she has a depression and a chronic problem of neglecting herself, hygenically speaking. While that is no excuse for causing a fire hazard or for the smells of hygenic neglect, isn't there another approach you could try that might be more helpful to this suffering human being?

She sounds like she is mentally ill and could use a friend to encourage her to seek out help, rather than being called names, gossiped about and cut off.

My heart goes out to her.

thanbey

Old 07-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #8
Inactive

Torry1028 HB UserTorry1028 HB UserTorry1028 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Can Hep C leave body odors.

I don't know if this helps or not, but my Dad has body odor since he developed diabetis. But he is in his 70's.

Last edited by Torry1028; 07-02-2004 at 11:17 AM.

Old 07-14-2004, 08:54 AM   #9

224amm HB User

I also think diabetes may be the cause of the body odor. When I worked at a nursing home, I recall that several of the patients with diabetes had a "sickly/sweet" odor that a nurse said was from ketosis(?). Whatever the cause of her body odor, it seems to me that woman needs someone in her corner for support and compassion. My heart goes out to her.

Closed Thread