It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2004, 09:23 PM   #1

det HB User
Question itching hep c symptom

im reading that itching is a symptom ,, what kind of itching ?
my forearms itch like crazzy sometimes and has for years dr couldnt explain it
i know i have tested psitive for the virus , im just wondering if this is a result of it ?? thanks

Old 03-13-2004, 10:13 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

thanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB User
Re: itching hep c symptom

Quote:
Originally Posted by det
i know i have tested psitive for the virus , im just wondering if this is a result of it ?? thanks
It could be.

thanbey

Last edited by Administrator; 08-09-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2004, 08:26 AM   #3

224amm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by det
I, too, had intense itching on my forearms especially, but also on calves and feet. Similar to what people on tx have described with the red bumps and all, altho I am not on tx. Itching may be an understatement but there are no words to describe the feeling. Itched like crazy last 2 months of both pregnancies (81 & 83), liver enzymes elevated but thought to be a weird sx of pregnancy so no further testing. Enzymes spiked again after being treated with a fungal med, Sporonox, again with itching. Liver problems a sx of the meds so no further testing done, just pulled off drugs. Don't know for sure if it's a symptom of HCV, but in my mind there's a connection now I know I am HCV+ and have probably had this for 30 years. Still have episodes occasionally and usually at night. A Benadryl for me does the trick. I empathize with you and wish you the best.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-09-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:08 AM   #4

GLCII HB User

I had the Dc prescribe Allegra. It works great!

Old 06-23-2004, 01:31 PM   #5

Sandy321 HB User

Without having a blood test done, I can almost always tell when My bilirubin levels are up. I get really itchy and bruise very easily. (sometimes from scratching). I get itchy mostly on my thighs and inside of forearms

I've been told its due to the bilirubin.....so I'm guessing that is what you are going through.

Old 07-07-2004, 01:02 PM   #6

deb_in_co HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by det
I've been diagnosed with HCV genotype 1, for 14 years now. For the last 5 years I've had a strange itching on the top of my hands. There's no apparant rash and I can't pinpoint the cause. It comes and goes.

I don't know if this is due to the hep or not.

Old 07-12-2004, 08:24 AM   #7
Inactive

Torry1028 HB UserTorry1028 HB UserTorry1028 HB User
Wink Re: itching hep c symptom

Hi All, for a long time I was itching like crazy, over 10 years...35 years with Hep C...Then my daughter turned me onto the body cream she buys at the bath and body shop. After I shower I use the cream over my entire body. Whalla! I don't itch anymore. But if I forget to put the cream on, I begin to itch later in the day and at night. Not just any cream works for me. It's well worth the price and it smells terrific. I'm not advertising, but other creams do not seem to work. I think the itching comes from...with Hep C our skin seems to become dryer than it was before we had Hep C. This cream has something in it that keeps the skin moist and decreases the dry look also. For me, the older I get and the longer with this Hep C burden, the more my skin was itching. Don't itch anymore. Hope this helps.

Old 07-13-2004, 02:14 PM   #8
Inactive

Copper HB User

Hi All,

Oh that itch makes one think they need locking up at the Funny Farm, yes? My doc finally had me change my showering routines. For one thin, to shower no more than 3x's a week, NEVER a hot shower , just warm, and use only a soap like Dove, Aveeno, Curel, and same thing with moisturizing creams, NOT lotions - no scent, no petroleum base. She gave me a list of acceptables (which I can't find!) but, I sttled on Dove soap, and Curel Creme.

Old 07-13-2004, 09:57 PM   #9

foevamakn02 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by det
I have the same itching problem but I have certain areas on my body that itch. I got my hep C when I was a baby, so all my life I've had itcing and my doctors told me I had dry skin. I actually found out recently that I have it, and it all makes sense now. Its a terrible feeling, I sometimes scratch til I draw blood and that's the only way it stops the itching. Now that I know why it itches me like crazy in certain spots, it helps me to control the uncontrolable scratching

Closed Thread