It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User
1 mth post tx and feeling wonderful

It is almost four full wks since I stopped tx and I have been feeling great for about a wk and a half. I have my energy back and am back to going and going like super woman. I sleep better than I have in a few years too. I really am so glad that it is over and just hope that I stay undetectable. For those of you just getting ready to start good luck and remember that there are people that also did it and that do feel great afterwards. I am not taking any pain pills or xanax , which I had to during the tx. That was not all that bad but I had a few bad days of aches and pains and anxiety but it went away. I feel good. I know that right before I started tx my hep must have been very active because my enegy level dropped majorly and I had not slept good for a very long while. I feel good and have a doc's appointment for a viral load count in about five wks. Say a prayer for me as I will for all of you.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:10 AM   #2
(male)

music4life HB User
Re: 1 mth post tx and feeling wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessy28 View Post
It is almost four full wks since I stopped tx and I have been feeling great for about a wk and a half. I have my energy back and am back to going and going like super woman. I sleep better than I have in a few years too. I really am so glad that it is over and just hope that I stay undetectable. For those of you just getting ready to start good luck and remember that there are people that also did it and that do feel great afterwards. I am not taking any pain pills or xanax , which I had to during the tx. That was not all that bad but I had a few bad days of aches and pains and anxiety but it went away. I feel good. I know that right before I started tx my hep must have been very active because my enegy level dropped majorly and I had not slept good for a very long while. I feel good and have a doc's appointment for a viral load count in about five wks. Say a prayer for me as I will for all of you.
congrats,your letter is very inspiring,thanks for being a part of this family,and you will be in my prayers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User

Quote:
I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better after TX!!
My last shot is 7/6-seven more injections.
I've been feeling so awful-although not as bad as I'd imagined prior to TX. The main reason is my low WBC-even with the Neupogen-it's not come up to normal.
Thanks for the encouraging news!

Old 05-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #4
(female)

patd57 HB User

I am looking forward to feeling better. I am in my 7th week of tx and I "need" to get thru the entire tx to live! I was at my end before the start of tx. My doctor gave me a Neupogen shot on Thur and today I finally feel a small amount of energy. Thank u God!::

Old 05-20-2007, 06:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User

Good luck to all of you guys. Tx is not easy even when it is not as bad as we imagined. I hope you all get through it and feel a lot better. It has been really weird coming out of all of that and realizing how much I actually was not myself and did not feel good. I was in another zone it seems. I feel level headed again and sleep like a champ now. Good luck. This too shall pass.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #6
(female)

unrealbutok HB Userunrealbutok HB User

Quote:
Good luck to all of you guys. Tx is not easy even when it is not as bad as we imagined. I hope you all get through it and feel a lot better. It has been really weird coming out of all of that and realizing how much I actually was not myself and did not feel good. I was in another zone it seems. I feel level headed again and sleep like a champ now. Good luck. This too shall pass.
Hi Jessica,

I am very glad that you are back to normal and came through your tx. Your posts give me courage, still I have not started my tx. I guess I may be concerned of my age and how the meds will affect me. I think about all the graduations I want to see and such which causes me to want to do the treatments. I've read how the meds affected you and they don't seem to have been to bad. I'll try the txs and really start them the 25th of the May. I've been starting since April but your posts are giving me the courage to try. I wish you luck and hope that your viral tests continue to show no detections. I'm sure your family is glad to have you back to normal as well.

Thanks for letting us know you are still ok and giving some of us the will to try tx. Joyce

Old 05-24-2007, 07:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealbutok View Post
Hi Jessica,

I am very glad that you are back to normal and came through your tx. Your posts give me courage, still I have not started my tx. I guess I may be concerned of my age and how the meds will affect me. I think about all the graduations I want to see and such which causes me to want to do the treatments. I've read how the meds affected you and they don't seem to have been to bad. I'll try the txs and really start them the 25th of the May. I've been starting since April but your posts are giving me the courage to try. I wish you luck and hope that your viral tests continue to show no detections. I'm sure your family is glad to have you back to normal as well.

Thanks for letting us know you are still ok and giving some of us the will to try tx. Joyce

Good luck. I am pretty sure that you are the one with little ones. I could be wrong but I think you have older kids and some younger ones. That is important. It is scary to know we have had this for a little while and that we could be sick or gone when our kids are graduating or getting married. I know there are no gaurantees but I would like to illiminate some of the odds if I can to try to be there. I am a smoker and I know that is bad but still one more thing from my list. My kid is two and is so great and sweet and smart. I want to be there for that. The tx for me were hard but they ease on so you don't even notice how hard it is. It is just like anything else in life you grin and bear it and then it is over and past and like a faint memory. I just hope it stays gone because I don't want to do it again but if I had to I would. I would be a lot more prepared for it. I was very tired....that is my biggest complaint. I should have gotten on the anti depressants from the beginning. I also should not have given myself such a hard time nor let my family give me a hard time about taking mild pain pills to help me through it. I fought guilt from all of that and should not have had to. It is a non issue now. And basically two wks off tx it was a non issue. It was a life saver while on it. Good luck sweety. It is kind of like jumping off a cliff...you go and you look where you are going to jump....you take a deep breath and you jump and there is no looking back you just do it. Before you know it you are at the bottom and it is all over and you are standing on level ground again. I can't imagine not doing something about it for me seeing that I don't live the best lifestyle and am so young and was so young when I got it. I don't want to go at fifty or fourty. My son needs me and he is the best thing ever and I don't want to let him down. He is so cool and great. He just turned two. I am quitting smoking here soon but have not set a date yet. I also drink socially so far but I am willing to change that if this does not work. I am a bartender at huge place on the river...I exersize there but not at home other than doing the lawn. Good luck and I will say a special prayer just for you tonight.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:31 AM   #8
(female)

Thanks Jessica, I welcome your prayers.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:11 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User

Jessy
Still feeling good? I have 4 weeks to go and am hoping I recover as quickly as you did

Old 06-14-2007, 10:12 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

liz49 HB Userliz49 HB Userliz49 HB Userliz49 HB Userliz49 HB User

PLease, please tell me which genotypes you all have----this will give me some indication of what my husband is up against in his treatment which will be starting 1st of July. He's genotype 1a--I guess the worst one for the good outcome--what are all of you?
Liz

Old 06-15-2007, 08:33 AM   #11
(female)

Hi Liz, I'm Genotype 1a, Stage 3 Fibrosis, 66 yrs old, have had Hep C over 18 yrs (w/o knowing) had no symptoms. I started my tx 5/25/07 thus far no real side affects to speak about. I take my 4th shot tonight. I put off tx since 2004 (when I found out I had HCV) in fear of the side affects. I took my first CBC test 6/9/07 no results yet. I take another blood test for CBC, TSH, Viral load, etc. on 6/22/07. I am mainly looking to see what my viral load is. This should tell me if the tx is working. I am suppose to go for 48 wks. I just hope I continue feeling well as I am while on my tx.

I saw where another hepper started out fine and had side affects later. Still that doesn't have to be for others. It affects each person differently. I hope my input helps you out. My moods are ok, my daughter says she hopes it doesn't get worse then I've always been. They couldn't stand me if I got any crankier. Thus far, I'm ok mentally. Good luck too you and your hubby. I'll keep you guys posted on results of my tests. Have a good weekend everyone. Joyce

Old 07-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #12
(female)

mindy55 HB User

Jessy28 I have said a prayer for you. May your viral load remain at 0 forever.
I am hopeful you will provide me with insight on the side effects of the hepc treatment. Right now the red blood cells are at 10.8 rising after 9.1 and started on procrit x5 weeks. Now the wbc are 700.
Fatique is overwheling. Feeling very short of breath when doing the usually simple days activities. The treatment center suggested just staying in bed. but this does not feel right to leave family to carry on with all the responsibilities so battling guilt.
In your treatment were you ever short of breath?
Thank you for your words of inspiration. It is amazing there are so many sharing the horrors of the treatment yet one message like yours and there is hope, real happy thoughts for the future.
my loved one has hepc geno 1. In to week 12 of Ribo/Peg and now procrit. He has just lost his appetite. I am a nurse and I have been encouraging juice and milkshakes. Do you have any suggestions foods you might have enjoyed?
Did you loose your hair? I joined healthboard today.
thank you,mindy55

Quote:

Old 07-04-2007, 02:39 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Cool Re: 1 mth post tx and feeling wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy55 View Post
Fatique is overwheling. Feeling very short of breath when doing the usually simple days activities. The treatment center suggested just staying in bed. but this does not feel right to leave family to carry on with all the responsibilities so battling guilt.
In your treatment were you ever short of breath?
Do you have any suggestions foods you might have enjoyed?
Did you loose your hair? I joined healthboard today.
thank you,mindy55
I turned into a totally different person during TX. But, I must clarify--EVERYONE is different!!
My BIL went through TX and never missed a day of work.I, however, have been a wreck. Fatigued, crabby, no appetite at all.
I did enjoy yogurt, tapioca pudding, vitamin water, peach snapple. The doc also gave me a liquid lidocaine because my tongue is so sore. I did lose 20 lbs.
Today was my absolute last shot of Neupogen for the low WBC.
I'm looking forward to how fast Jessy felt normal.
Good Luck.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesworld View Post
Jessy
Still feeling good? I have 4 weeks to go and am hoping I recover as quickly as you did

I feel fantastic. What a difference from being on the meds and from before the meds were ever even done. I did really feel better about a month after it was over. I would say it took about another month after that to really really feel better than before the meds for me. I am waiting on my viral load to come back and it should be back in about a wk. I did get my liver enzymes back and they were a little above the normal range like a 60 and a 62 all through tx. That was better than a 140 or something before I started. Anyway the liver enzymes dropped significantly from the 60 and the 62, however that was I they were able to tell me on the phone. I wonder what they are at. I just don't want to drive to the office until the viral load is back too. To me that is a good sign. I would think that if the virus was back the liver enzymes would not have dropped and would probably be up even. I could be wrong but it is a good sign. I am sleeping like a baby at night. I love it. I used to toss and turn like crazy. I know I should not drink and make the decision to do so. But another thing I noticed right before I started tx is that I was not holding my alcohol very well. I would get drunk really easy. I have noticed after the tx that I do not get drunk easy. I think because my liver was not functioning well it was not filtering the alcohol and there for poisening me in a way. Just a few weird things.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good luck to you guys. I don't mean to sound bad but let me tell you that month or so that it took to feel good seemed like a life time. I felt better in about three wks to where I really noticed the difference. I was so inpatient. I was not myself during tx. I was overwhelmed with my life and child. My husband was not very understanding through it at all. It was not as bad as I thought it would be but it was no walk in the park. I did not lose hair through the tx, however in the last four wks I have been losing a ton of it. Not to where someone else would notice much or where I am bald just thinning. I did have shortness of breath. My appetite was alright....I only lost ten pounds. I was finicky with food though. I had a lot of shortness of breath. I really hope my viral load comes back negative. I really wish everyone the best. It is like anything else that is something you don't want to do and not fun....you just push on through and when it is done it is done. If we have to do it again then we do. Hopefully we won't, if we do hopefully it will be later rather than sooner. I really feel good now and I guess it is has been about two months now. Right now I am really glad I did it. My husband cleared the virus too....he went before me and about when I started my tx he got his one year post blood work back and is undetectable. We are very fortunate...we both have gen 3 and are thirty years old. We both found out we had it about a year or two after we got it.

Closed Thread