It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #1
(female)

deejaysteele HB User
hep c/ cirrhosis stage 4

what is stage 4 of cirrhosis and how serious is it? I have had hep c for over 20 years & it has formed cirrhosis which is now in stage 4. how many stages of cirrhosis are there and how serious is this. I have taken 1 year of treatments of ribovarin/peg-intron and they did not work on me. I see a liver specilist at the liver transplant unit in OKC, but no one seems to be too worried about it. I am concerned about how many stages of cirrhosis there are total. is stage 4 serious. My geno type is type 1. I would appreciate any info on this if you have any input, please answer. thank you

Last edited by deejaysteele; 01-29-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: forgot to put geno type

The following user gives a hug of support to deejaysteele:
oscarguy (02-21-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to deejaysteele For This Useful Post:
soul2soul (10-02-2012)
Old 01-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
(male)

owen p HB Userowen p HB User
Re: hep c/ cirrhosis stage 4

Stage 4 refers to the amount of fibrosis in your liver. The definition of cirrosis is stage 4 fibrosis. I am not familiar with "stages: of cirrosis, but yours must be early for the Dr. to be so unconcerned. Good luck!

The following user gives a hug of support to owen p:
Fall2011 (10-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
(female)

gina1064 HB User

I believe this is serious. More importantly, how do you feel? So your treatments didn't work. Have you ever looked into BHT? Do it. I did and that's what I'm doing. I know I've had it for 27 years...just realized that but I don't have cirrhosis. You'd think I was near the end the way I feel. I haven't done any biopsy just a scan and ultrasound. I don't have a lick of insurance (the above was done while in emergency). It's worth looking into as the liver can regenerate itself but I'm sure there would have to be something which could nail the virus itself so it could take a break. I don't know how positive your outlook is either. I've noticed that because this goes after bacteria and viruses, it killed an infection that kept reacurring. Then, I quit dairy for the first time ever a week ago. Now I can sleep through the night with no joint pain due to arthritis (inflamation). If your sick and run down I think we have to cover our bases- otherwise, it will be harder for our immune system to work for us.
My 2 cents.....

Old 01-30-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
(female)

deejaysteele HB User

As for my outlook, I love life, I love my family, and I love my job, and # 1 I love and trust in the Good Lord Above! I keep feeling like one day, in my lifetime they will find that cure, and it will work for me. As for being concerned, yes, being a stage 4 cirrhosis concerns me, so I try my very best to do everything I possibly can to help my liver, not hurt it. I do not drink, never have, it's not a thing for me. I am a Christian, and a true Christian. And I know this has happened to me for a reason, and one day I will understand. All I want is to be knowledgeble of what is happening to my liver. how many stages are there before it is the end stage, what new things are out there that could be available to me, etc. I think my dr. knows his business, but I also think that sometimes they overlook maybe one little thing, that may have worked for me. So I am just putting questions out there, to help me, help myself. I appreciate you input. I wish you the very best! I keep reffering to "I have fought the good fight", and that is what i intend to do...but when my time has come, I will know I fought the good fight. Best Wishes

Old 01-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
(female)

gina1064 HB User

Hey there. Well, I happen to be a Christian as well (a real one-ha) Seriously, when your brought down to such a limitation and weakness, then the suffering makes since. Life out of death- and it seems necessary we be taken there. Your outlook is positive; just asked because I wasn't sure what was going on with your kidneys or whatever other physical problems existed. I did read that this stage is considered the end stage; could obviously be exceptions though? I read a dicussion where many inquired the same in regard to this stage...where folks resented a doctor suggesting they have only a certain ammount of time to live. Well, I'm sure it is often the case- though this is surely a sensitive matter. Our condition can tell us something real but we know there should be a balance...never fearing either. I think if one exhausts all their effort and does the best they can to assist the body then maybe they'll live a little longer. We know death is the final healing huh? Having said that, these forums don't like you to submit links ect.. but again, BHT and coconut oil both destroy those viruses that are lipid enveloped...where it's core is sheathed in a fatty membrane. It has to be intack to be effective. Well, both the BHT and oil are antiviral/bacterial; consequently they disrupt by fluidizing the viral membrane. Hep C, Herpes, New Castle disease ect...This might be the missing link you wondered about.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:12 AM   #6
(female)

deejaysteele HB User

I will look into the BHT and Coconut oil. Thanks for the input! Like I said, I'll try anything that looks like it will help me to heal, but these medications that these dr.'s give out, seems to be more harmful sometimes than helpful. those peg intron treatments made me feel as tho they were burning me up from the inside out, and I was very sick the entire year I took them. Since I have stopped them, I was introduced to a product that is all natural, and actually a dr. suggested I try them, (that was a shock, most dr.s don't like natural healing products) It's called "mannatech", you too can look it up on the internet...there is one paticular one they have that is powder form and I mix it with chocolate milk and take it it is called "ambatrose" and it has done wonders for the way I feel. It is all made from vegetables, they say that the ones we buy in the cans and store are all diluted so badly that they don't do what they were intended to do. They do'nt claim this to be a cure, what it does is helps your system to do what it is suppose to do. And I think it has really helped my system do alot more than it was doing. But the BHT and Coconut oil sounds like it is a natural thing that does that same thing..helps your system to heal itself. I think those are very good suggestions. Yes, when the Good Lord calls me home, I'll be ready and I'm not afraid, I am looking forward to seeing him, and I'd like to have a conversation with the Apostle Paul while I'm there! He interests me! I'm glad to have these conversations with you as well, it's always good to be able to talk to someone who knows what your going thru and has a good attitude too! Youv been a blessing to me! Thanks!!

Old 01-31-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
(female)

gina1064 HB User
Cool Re: hep c/ cirrhosis stage 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaysteele View Post
... It's called "mannatech", you too can look it up on the internet...there is one paticular one they have that is powder form and I mix it with chocolate milk and take it it is called "ambatrose" and it has done wonders for the way I feel. It is all made from vegetables,
" I'll be ready and I'm not afraid, I am looking forward to seeing him, and I'd like to have a conversation with the Apostle Paul while I'm there! He interests me! I'm glad to have these conversations with you as well, it's always good to be able to talk to someone who knows what your going thru and has a good attitude too! Youv been a blessing to me! Thanks!!
Thanks, I too will certainly look into those two. I work out every day and am making these changes. I need the energy because on the one hand, I am making an effort that appears to be uphill (most likely will be for awhile) and I need all the energy I can get.
To be honest, I wanted to just check out many times but don't cave in as that reminds me of letting go and I don't think I have that option. (I'm sure you'd agree).
A friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer a few years back. She chose not to exercise, make some changes in her diet ect.. then opted for chemo. Well the cancer didn't take her -a heart attack did due to the chemo/radiation weakening her arteries. Though I supported her she had suffered from depression and I feel anyway, she may of considered it a way out?
I want to be up there too though and can't wait for the real fellowship of the bretheren...where no one one ups anybody, no one will be usurping Christ's position or authority (all behaving) and we all can take in and partake in that wonderful unity of the Spirit. I'll have some questions myself!
Now, have you found any news or information in relation to the stage 4? My best to you as well-

Old 03-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
(female)

Vanilla1234 HB User

I am in esld. They way my dr explained it to me is: Your liver is either compensated or it is decompensated. To know if your liver is decompensated you will have alot of syptoms. Some of those systems can be ascites(fuild in belly) pitted edema, varices with or without bleeding, high ammoina levels, When a liver decompensates it manifest more of these syptoms. When your liver becomes decompensated is when your in esld. I hope this helps.

Vanilla1234

Old 03-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #9
(female)

deejaysteele HB User

Thank you Frank. You sound like you know quite a bit about the treatments. your probably right...and I have had a biopsy and I do have cirrhosis. So, now do I do the treatments again.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:18 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User

Good luck to you....are you stage four cirrhosis or stage four fibrosis? There is a big diffence. I would just say this...I have a friend on the transplant list for lungs and have had people on it for a liver....it sounds like you are living right...so that is good but unless you have been alchol free among other things they won't even put you on that list. You are a very brave soul...I really envy you. I will say prayers but you sound so brave and at peace.

The Following User Says Thank You to jessy28 For This Useful Post:
Sarahwv58 (03-04-2012)
Old 03-19-2008, 06:05 AM   #11
(female)

deejaysteele HB User

I have cirrhosis stage 4, with hep/C. I do live right. I am not a drinking person, never have been. Just was lucky enough to contact this disease some 30 years ago, before they tested dontated blood like they to today. But I am blessed with a peace of mind, that all things happen for a reason. Our God is an Awesome God, and on him I will rely! Yes, I believe that he has put people in our paths to help us. That is what my liver doctor is to me. I do believe what he says...I just like to know what others know also. That's why I ask the questions. Don't want to miss anything that could be good for me!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #12
(female)

ryebeach HB User

Quote:
As for my outlook, I love life, I love my family, and I love my job, and # 1 I love and trust in the Good Lord Above! I keep feeling like one day, in my lifetime they will find that cure, and it will work for me. As for being concerned, yes, being a stage 4 cirrhosis concerns me, so I try my very best to do everything I possibly can to help my liver, not hurt it. I do not drink, never have, it's not a thing for me. I am a Christian, and a true Christian. And I know this has happened to me for a reason, and one day I will understand. All I want is to be knowledgeble of what is happening to my liver. how many stages are there before it is the end stage, what new things are out there that could be available to me, etc. I think my dr. knows his business, but I also think that sometimes they overlook maybe one little thing, that may have worked for me. So I am just putting questions out there, to help me, help myself. I appreciate you input. I wish you the very best! I keep reffering to "I have fought the good fight", and that is what i intend to do...but when my time has come, I will know I fought the good fight. Best Wishes
Hi DJ Steele
Has your doctor ever mentioned milk thistle which is an herb to help with liver function
My brother who had end stage chirosis from HepC and had been on it and myself for Lyme treatment antibiotics which can cause liver damage but I am doing well with that along with taking b-12 shots IV therapy antibiotics and several supplements
My husband had HepC four years ago and has fully recovered
My brother was not as fortunate but the physicians and medical cummunity at that period of time were not as knowledgable as now on how to treat this disease
My husband was on ribaflavin and interferon for 18 months
Positive thinking is really good for our overall health so it sounds like you have that under control A few prayers never hurt and I will say a few for you in these difficult times
Take care and keep us posted for any your needs and support
Take care
Ryebeach

Last edited by ryebeach; 03-20-2008 at 08:14 PM. Reason: spelling corrections and more info

Old 03-21-2008, 06:54 AM   #13
(female)

deejaysteele HB User

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear the ribo/peg intron did good for your husband, I know what that's all about, did it for a year myself, but like your brother, was one of the unlucky ones, and it didn't take. but I think it did help slow the process of the cirroh. down, so that was a good thing, but I was sure a sick little girl that year! Those treatments didn't go well with me! they say some can take it, some can't. unlucky there too! haha! I will look into the herbs you suggested. I like to try anything I think will help heal my liver. Yes, a positive outlook is most important. If you give up....that's on you, we arn't built to give up I don't think, not us baby boomers anyway! haha Thanks for your info and input! Good luck to you and your family! We say a prayer for you too!

Old 03-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #14
(female)

ryebeach HB User

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear the ribo/peg intron did good for your husband, I know what that's all about, did it for a year myself, but like your brother, was one of the unlucky ones, and it didn't take. but I think it did help slow the process of the cirroh. down, so that was a good thing, but I was sure a sick little girl that year! Those treatments didn't go well with me! they say some can take it, some can't. unlucky there too! haha! I will look into the herbs you suggested. I like to try anything I think will help heal my liver. Yes, a positive outlook is most important. If you give up....that's on you, we arn't built to give up I don't think, not us baby boomers anyway! haha Thanks for your info and input! Good luck to you and your family! We say a prayer for you too!
Hi steele
I wil do the same for your family as well
Keep us posted
Take care
Ryebeach

Old 04-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #15
(male)

stillhere50 HB Userstillhere50 HB User

Hi, I was diagnosed with end stage Hep C in mid 2006. Too sick to do the combo and on my way to see the Lord. Through the diligence and love of family, friends and doctors I hung on long enough to get a liver transplant. That miracle occurred in 12/06. Still had Hep C and started the treatment in 3/07. The combo treatment was not nice to me, I was determined to stay the course but my Dr. said I had to stop because the treatment was worse than the illness at that time. Still have Hep C and it has become active again with a vengance but something will come along, I keep a positive attitude and spend alot of time with my grandkids. They make me feel good and keep my outlook bright. I will keep you in my prayers.

Closed Thread