It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2002, 08:17 AM   #1
Inactive

LOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB User
Cool NIOXIN ??

Howdy all and happy Monday-
JJ told us about a medicated shampoo she started using before treatment that worked wonders on treatment patients, I think it was called NIOXIN?
Does anyone know of this shampoo, or this shampoo under a different name? I can not find JJ's post about it in past posts.
Any help here would be apprecited.
Be well+

------------------
--Get Outdoors-Enjoy Life----Neil

Old 12-16-2002, 01:52 PM   #2
Inactive

Jemah HB UserJemah HB UserJemah HB UserJemah HB UserJemah HB UserJemah HB UserJemah HB User
Hi Neil, yes the shampoo is called Nioxcin and you can buy the cleanser, conditional, and scalp treatment in a kit at Walmart for around $40.00 or they have an even smaller sample kit.

I called a beauty supply place and they sell a generic version that does the same for less. Can't remember the name right off.

I started using the kit and it really does work. Makes your head feel all tingley!!! I need a cheap thrill these days.

Jeannie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2002, 01:59 PM   #3
Inactive

LOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB UserLOST1 HB User
Jeannie-
- he he haha -cheap thrill, hehe, thank you!
-If you can remember that generic version's name, would not mind knowing that, are you using the Nioxcin or the generic?
Thanks again you make my day!!
be well+

------------------

Old 12-17-2002, 08:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Wes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB UserWes1212 HB User
Hi Neil,

I've heard some people say and others say it doesn't. So, I don't have any idea. All I do is use a good conditioner every day, and make sure everywhere else gets coated as well. It seems to help the dry skin and itching.

Wes

Oh! I still have all my hair at 17 weeks!

Old 12-17-2002, 09:35 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

thanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB Userthanbey HB User
I know of a product that will help with the dry skin and itching. Contact me through the website for more information.

I am not a fan of taking Nioxin only because the fewer chemicals you are exposed to, the better.

thanbey

------------------
[url="http://www.hcop.org"]www.hcop.org[/url]
preapproved by moderator1

Old 12-21-2002, 09:52 AM   #6

joann jennings HB Userjoann jennings HB Userjoann jennings HB Userjoann jennings HB Userjoann jennings HB Userjoann jennings HB Userjoann jennings HB User
The shampoo and conditioner I use on my hair I have gotten from my hairdresser. She is a distributer of it....Many beuty supplies have it....
It is not a danger to your liver and I have been on it for about 10 months now...I have long hair and I have a clip in the top to hold down all the new hair...baby fine and soft....I don't know if its the shampoo or luck but I will continue to use the shampoo...it is not any more dangereous than what you use now...

NIOXIN - bionutrient protectives (cleanser)
NIOXIN - bionutrient protectives (scalp therapy)

it cost me 30.00 for both bottles(33.8 fluid ounces)
good luck....jj

Old 12-23-2002, 09:15 PM   #7

Samwise HB User
I used Nioxin for along time before I finally accepted the fact that itis garbage. It smells really bad. Has a bad chemical smell to it. It's very expensive. And for me, it didnt do a bit of good. I wasnt even in treatment, and it couldnt even slow down the natural hair loss of people with male pattern baldness or whatever it called. I just dont have any faith in it's ability to be able to help out with hairloss associated with treatment, which seems to progress MUCH faster than with people who are genetically destined to lose the hair. Also, I should add that I have a couple of friends who also tried this stuff and it did nothing for either of them. The price is unreal. I think I spent $75 per month on their products for over a year. Whatta waste.

Old 12-23-2002, 10:15 PM   #8

cudagirl HB Usercudagirl HB User
I am a hairdresser ,And I can tell you that the key to using nioxin & it working for you is to use the entire line.Use only there shampoo,cond.,gel,hairspray etc.Any product you use to wash or style your hair must be only from there line only.Other products contain waxes & other things that will clog your pours & not let any new growth in.Nioxin not only helps stop hairloss,It does help promote new growth .As far as no name knock offs,I wouldnt use it .There is a big difference in the quality of ingredients.As far as us staying away from chemicals,we do need to be very careful of that & other things we put in our bodies because of hep c.Realisticly we can only do the best we can to take care of ourselves .Think of all the chemicals & toxins in the smoggy air we breathe from carbon monoxide,fireplaces ,bbqs etc.,etc.everyday.We also so should have filters on our showers too.Just not drinking tap water does not keep that toxic water out of our sytems.Your skin does absorb the toxic tap water when we shower too.We just have to avoid what we can & do the best we can for ourselves to stay healthy.We cant live in a plastic bubble .Take Care everyone ,Stay healthy & Happy holidays !Cudagirl

Old 12-24-2002, 01:11 AM   #9

Samwise HB User
I used ALL their products...it doesnt work. And I;ve never met anyone that had any success with it. It's just another company trying to capitalize on a society's fear of going bald with a bs product that produces no results. Yes, the company claims you have to use all of their hair products exclusively. It;s a simple way to promote the rest of their overpriced junk. After buying the shampoo, chem treatment, moose, spray, conditioner...you're looking at $150+ per month and you'll be disappointed.

Old 12-24-2002, 07:23 AM   #10
Inactive

Thanks for all your opinions

------------------

Old 12-24-2002, 08:16 AM   #11

cudagirl HB Usercudagirl HB User
Samwise ,I am sorry that nioxin did not work for you.I have seen results for many people, Not everyone.Not every product will satisfy everyone .I do not work for this company or with them,So I have no reason to promote it.But there product is not junk and I can tell you that until I learned the difference between professional products & the junk you buy from stores ,I didnt know the difference either until I got into this business.It is not so salons charge a higher price,It is the quality of the products.The products from the stores are filled with metallic dyes,alot of waxes&alot of harsh detergents,etc.,etc.Really there isnt that big of a price difference between professional & store bought products.Professional products you use less because it is more concentrated&filled with quality ingredients.Store bought you have to use more to get a lather,So really it comes out to be the same ,So why not use good quality products for the same amount of money?Everyone should do what is best for themselves.Just because it didnt work for you does not mean it will not work for somone else.There are so many more important things in this world to get fires up about.Not shampoo.Take Care&Happy Holidays!

Old 12-24-2002, 11:01 AM   #12

Samwise HB User
cudagirl, I agree. heh...there are definately more important things to discuss here. I wasnt trying to argue with you. I guess I am a just a little bitter towards this product because of the $2000 I spent that, for me, was a waste.

No hard feelings.

Merry Christmas

Samwise

Old 12-30-2002, 11:00 AM   #13

joann jennings HB Userjoann jennings HB Userjoann jennings HB Userjoann jennings HB Userjoann jennings HB Userjoann jennings HB Userjoann jennings HB User
as for me I love the stuff...I have long hair and since I have been washing with Nioxin I have about two inches of new hair....It's sorta weird because you can feel the differents in the hair...but it works for me and my friend who insn't on treatments...sorry it didn't work for you...and it is not any more expensive than my other shampoo's .... the key is you need to use it for awhile....jj

Closed Thread