It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
(female)

CWife HB User
Exhausted Wife Of Hep C Post RX...

Bear with me ...
I know I'm going to sound like a real b!tch .. but I need to talk about this and I need help.

My husband is 3.5 months post ribavirin and interferon treatment and he is driving me insane.

I KNOW he's feeling ok but he complains constantly! Aches and pains and then he does this thing where he GROOOANS every time he moves ( which isn't very often) and pants like he's out of breath .. BUT HE IS NOT OUT OF BREATH! He lays around all day and then IF and I mean IF he exerts himself in the least... MAJOR DRAMA ENSUES! He lies on the bed as though he's dying. He's only 45 years old and he is just out of shape for LYING around for an entire YEAR! It's almost as if he doesn't WANT to get better. We have two young children who want him desperately to play with them ... but he just whines .. I was a dutiful supportive wife for a YEAR and now I want my husband back! I asked him yesterday when he is planning on returning to work and he didn't answer me. Our savings are gone. How much longer will this go on?

TIA and please try not to judge me. I've been to hell and back with this man over the last 10 years.. and I'm exhausted.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User
Re: Exhausted Wife Of Hep C Post RX...

This too shall pass.....
I felt like dirt for about 6 months post TX. It's 10 months now and while I do feel better, I still tire easily and I do have a lot more aches and pains (above and beyond my normal pains-I have really bad TMJ)
He's lucky that he has you and he should realize that the TX was probably hard on you too.
Hopefully he'll snap out of it sooner rather than later. It sounds like you've laid it out to him. Does he do physical labor for work? He has to get back to work!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
(female)

CWife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesworld View Post
This too shall pass.....
I felt like dirt for about 6 months post TX. It's 10 months now and while I do feel better, I still tire easily and I do have a lot more aches and pains (above and beyond my normal pains-I have really bad TMJ)
He's lucky that he has you and he should realize that the TX was probably hard on you too.
Hopefully he'll snap out of it sooner rather than later. It sounds like you've laid it out to him. Does he do physical labor for work? He has to get back to work!!!!
I can't thank you enough for your kind words and understanding. No physical labor. He sits at a computer all day. He stopped going to work 8 months BEFORE he started treatment. He was busy going on a secret 8 month bender before his treatment started. I suppose that has something to do with my sounding a bit angry. You're right about his not acknowledging the toll this has all taken on me... I feel like I've done my part .. and then some. I'm ready for him to MAN-UP now! Thanks so much for letting me get this off my chest. Believe it or not .. I feel a little better already!

Old 06-22-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Exhausted Wife Of Hep C Post RX...

C

I am sorry you are dealing with so much stress Your hubby is blessed to have you and he is taking you for granted. I am praying for you and him. Hang in there.

Hugs Nadine

Old 06-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #5
(female)

CWife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by music47 View Post
C

I am sorry you are dealing with so much stress Your hubby is blessed to have you and he is taking you for granted. I am praying for you and him. Hang in there.

Hugs Nadine

Thank you so much .. I'm praying for you and eyes too .. I'm sure you're all going through a lot as well.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB Userjessy28 HB User

What kind of bender? Drugs? Either way I guess it does not matter but what does matter is that is exactly where the problem lays it sound. You are strong...My husband and I have both been to hell and back together. I think that makes it a bit different rather than one holding down the fort. That is hard and it take a very strong person. And no you are not a total B for that. I actually know of a few people that do the same thing after tx. You need to have a real talk with him....life goes on....the only way to get up and get back to reality and having energy is to get up and get moving...it only starts with the first step. But as you and I can both say that it is him that will have to face that. Was he on anti depressants during tx and is he on them still or not? That might be a suggestion if not. It is time...you need to tell him that the time for BS is up and it is time start contributing again because it has been long enough already and your ship will sink if he does not. I am sorry...I can only imagine. By the way my husband and myself both went through the tx at different times. We both still worked through it all but the "us" factor and being parents were not exactly the leading role for us...we did what we could and that was work because we had to and sleep a ton other than that. It did take some time to feel better....but we both wanted to feel better so bad we rushed it and basically made ourselves believe every day that we did feel better rather than using it as an exuse to continue to be worthless...Please don't take that offensive...but I was worthless during my tx and could only do the bare minimuim.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #7
(male)

cclay1358 HB Usercclay1358 HB User

Wow! What a story!!

My wife took very good care of me during my tx and I consider her to this day to be my angel! But when tx was over, all I wanted to do was get back to my normal life. In fact for us it was quite the opposite of what you are describing. My wife actually had to hold me back. And she was right there of course but believe me, she didn't hold me back to much! I cannot imagine what it would have been like if I had just decided to lay around and wait to get better.

The meds do saturate the fat cells in a body and can take some time to clear. The average is six months but it can be present for longer in some. But the bottom line is that if he doesn't start getting out and doing things then he will never recover!

What I can't really understand is why someone whould want to go through the trials of tx and then when it is over not even want to enjoy the new quality of life that they worked so hard to achieve!

Your sure that he is still clear of the virus, right? Also it sounds like depression might be a possibility. But don't blame yourself for that! It sounds like you have been more then patient with him and the best thing that can be done for him is to get him moving!!

Good luck!

Chuck

Closed Thread