It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
(female)

lindathompson HB User
my husband had hep c, we had unprotected sex - do i have it too?

my husband had hep c, we had unprotected sex - do i have it too?

Old 09-16-2008, 05:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User
Re: my husband had hep c, we had unprotected sex - do i have it too?

The risk is very VERY VERY small. Hepatitis C is transmitted from blood to blood contact. That usually requires a large amount of blood inoculum including blood transfusion with an infected needle, sharing cocaine straws, getting tattoos with infected equipment or using IV drugs. I know this is gross, but unless your husband had bloody sores on his penis at the time of intercourse, and you in turn had open wounds in your vaginal canal at the same time, the risk of blood to blood contact during sex is very small.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
(male)

pjs009 HB User

I couldn't disagree with the previous poster more, you need to see a doctor. Yes it's transmitted through blood, but also blood products. HepC is a very dangerous virus and you need to go the doctor and get tested immediately. Not to mention the fact that this wasn't a casual one night encounter, this is your husband and I'm sure you've had sex multiple times.

Last edited by pjs009; 10-31-2008 at 11:50 AM.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
(male)

blkbrd57 HB User

My doctor who is treating me for Hep C said the chances of my wife getting the virus from me through sex was so slim that he didn't even recommend protection. I have been married for 21 years and have had an active, unprotected sex life, I have the virus and my wife does not. My doctor also believes I have had the virus since the 1980's. So you do the math.

Closed Thread