It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
(male)

Spirited77 HB User
hepatitis fears

dear friends n usersim in the most terrible stateover an incident that ccured on feb 21st of this yr. basicallt i got a blow job(oral sex) off a frind- i know darn foolish! without a a condom who it turns out to be is hep b positive. i suffer with mental health issues as it is and this anxiety and worry has really engufed me. My sleeping has become really disturbed, somer nights i dont sleep , but most nights im sleeping well in inxs of 16hrs. i do have pains in my right side and my insides feel all knotted u. i dont know if this is psychosomatic or if these r true syptoms.?i gad a test 2 wks afer said incident at my local GUM clinic and they were normal for hiv and hepatitis.im due to be screened againin mid may which i'l be about 3 months, is that enought ime? Before this happened i was feeling well. bright and good about life in general but this has turned me uinto a wreck. I feel horrendous every day, im so fearful i might have hepatitis. please help!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
(female)

Jaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB User
Re: hepatitis fears

Hepatitis is not contracted through oral sex.. it is blood to blood contact.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
(male)

Spirited77 HB User
Smile Re: hepatitis fears

Hi thanx for ur post jaye ur my 1st reply! I know the risks r v low its in my make-up to get into an awful state bout things i'm gona get tested in 3 wks fnr peace of mind sake. Tc grant

Old 04-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
(female)

I totally understand. I work in healthcare and used to get really paranoid about getting hepatitis or HIV, but I don't worry as much anymore. You should see about getting vaccinated for hep A and hep B.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:14 AM   #5
(male)

Spirited77 HB User
Unhappy Re: hepatitis fears

Hi jaye i know u say wiv confidence my fears are unfounded but in spite of this im a mess like u woudn't believe. Thats a lot down to fact that on a few internet sites receiving oral sex is stated as a risk. Anyway i hav a test in a few wks time at my local GUM clinic which will be 3 months from encounter should that prove negative can i move on with my life, or as some suggest wait a further 3 mths? This whole indescretion has made me so ill and already wasted 3 mths of my life.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
(male)

Spirited77 HB User

Did u get my post? Basically to confirm there stands no risk of hep b by receiving oral and is 3 mths enough time to test for it?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
(female)

First of all I need to apologize for giving you some wrong information. I was thinking about hep C, not B. There is a very small chance of becoming infected through oral sex. It takes 4 to 6 weeks for it to show up on a blood test. The good news is that 90 to 95% of people who develop it will clear the infection. If your next test comes back normal ask about being vaccinated for hep A & B. Try not to stress. You cannot change what has already happened.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
(male)

Spirited77 HB User
Re: hepatitis b fears

Thnx again for ur speedy reply. I did a test for hep b and c at 8 wks which were negative plus liver function also normal. But a lot of whats out there online says 3 months is normal window and 6 mths to be 100% conclusive.? If my test in 2 and half at local GUM clinic is negative it'l be 3mths can i then be 100& reassured im in the clear. Thnx grant

Old 05-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #9
(female)

I would think that is correct, especially since it can show up as early as 4 weeks.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:07 AM   #10
(male)

Spirited77 HB User

Thnx again 4 ur rapid reply.ive been feeling dreadful probaly as a result of the huge worry and anxiety. I just want to put this behind me and get back to enjoying life. My sleep, diet and well-being has really suffered. So a negative result after 3 mths means i dont haue it and i can get back to living again?

Old 05-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
(female)

Yes, that would mean that you either never had it or your body got rid of it. Either way you would no longer have to worry.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #12
(male)

Spirited77 HB User
Re: hepatitis b worries

Hi jaye have my test tue 22nd week i think the GUMclinic do hep Bs Ag antibody testing not HBc AB does that make a diff as to speed of result? And as it will be 3 mths if im negative am in the clear? Thnx grant

Old 05-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #13
(male)

jdkingbear HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited77 View Post
dear friends n usersim in the most terrible stateover an incident that ccured on feb 21st of this yr. basicallt i got a blow job(oral sex) off a frind- i know darn foolish! without a a condom who it turns out to be is hep b positive. i suffer with mental health issues as it is and this anxiety and worry has really engufed me. My sleeping has become really disturbed, somer nights i dont sleep , but most nights im sleeping well in inxs of 16hrs. i do have pains in my right side and my insides feel all knotted u. i dont know if this is psychosomatic or if these r true syptoms.?i gad a test 2 wks afer said incident at my local GUM clinic and they were normal for hiv and hepatitis.im due to be screened againin mid may which i'l be about 3 months, is that enought ime? Before this happened i was feeling well. bright and good about life in general but this has turned me uinto a wreck. I feel horrendous every day, im so fearful i might have hepatitis. please help!!!
Don't borrow trouble. I have chronic Hep B and you can be treated for it. You should wait to see if you test positive. Only then should you take measures to handle it. You could be acute and it will pass. If chronic there is treatment.

Just don't make that mistake again and if you test negative then go and get immunized.

Now, go live your life. We all have just one day at a time.

Closed Thread