It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
(male)

David HB HB User
Creatine and Hep C question?

I'm looking for any information on taking creatine. I have had chronic Hep C for decades (I am now 59). My liver enzymes are not that high, and my only problem is I suffer from sever muscle soreness. This muscle aching has made my life difficult, and has caused me to have sleep problems as I wake up with sever muscle ache. These aches continue all through the day.
A few months ago, I started taking milk Whey, which includes Creatine. I take 2 scoops a day. Once in the morning, and once just before bed. My total Creatine intake is 6 grams a day. I also drink a lot of water for the needed water intake.
I am wondering if anyone can tell me if this amount of Creatine can hurt my liver?
I do know that 6 grams is slightly high, but I weigh about 190 lbs. I am muscular and used to do serious workouts. I still exercise quite a bit, but I no longer lift as much, and only lift enough to maintain. Most of my exercise consists of walking and biking.
The thing is --- since taking the supplement (with the Creatine addition) my muscle soreness has almost disappeared. I get a full nights rest, and generally feel great. I feel like a new man.
However, I'm worried about long term use of Creatine. I have Hep C, and I'm worried about long term usage. I can not stress enough how much better I feel taking the Creatine. I would hate to give it up............
if anyone could give me some good advice on this subject, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread