It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #1
(male)

raven123 HB User
hep b surface antigen but no antibodies

Hello. This is my first post here. About 3 months ago, I had protected vaginal intercourse and unprotected oral (receiving) with a female. About 3 weeks later, I was experiencing a yeast infection on my scrotum and around my anus. Up until now, the infection remains although it's much better and hardly noticeable (very slightly pink-colored and occasional itch). At the 5 1/2 week mark, I had all my bloodwork and urine cultures done for std's. Everything was negative. At about the 6-7 week mark, I started experiencing headaches. The headaches are still there now. They've lasted about 7 weeks now and come and go throughout the day. They're usually the worst at night.

Then, at the 10 week mark, I was tested all over again for everything (hiv, hep b, syph, clam, gonn, hsv, etc). I came back with a hep b surface antigen. I went back in to do a liver function test, and everything came back completely normal. There are actually not even antibodies for it; only the surface antigen. Doc said this was very strange unless it is just a very early hep b infection. My viral load is also really high.

I honestly have no idea how I wouldve gotten the hep b in the first place. The condom never broke (I even inspected it when I took it off). And the only time it was unprotected was through the oral that I received from her.

At the 11 week mark, I started getting what seems to be a swollen lymph node in my right armpit. Its been there for just over a week now. So, my symptoms to date are: yeast infection, constant headache, and swollen lymph node. I'm extremely relieved that my hiv test came back negative, but:

1. Could the hep b be causing these symptoms; and if not, what else could it be?

2. Why would I not be producing antibodies to the hep b? The doc said it is def hep b; he did the surface antigen test twice, but he's never seen the other tests (liver function tests) come back completely normal. Could it be that it's not hep b, and something else...and if so, what?

Doc says that all other tests I took are conclusive, so now I'm left with the diagnosis of a hep b surface antigen and these symptoms.

Any help would be appreciated. These symptoms have basically been controlling my life for the past 3 months.

Thank you all very much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread