It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
(male)

afireinside610 HB User
Question alcohol alternative for my pain ridden father?

my father is nearly 50 years old, and he was diagnosed with hep c about 11 years ago.
he has been a master carpenter his entire life so his body is battered and worn out. he also drinks a 12 pack a day, and this wasnt a big deal when he was still super active, but with old age and the Hep C running its course, he simply cannot do that sort of manual labor anymore, so he now is a home inspector.
meaning: he still drinks a 12 pack a day with little to no exercise with hepatitis C.

he tells me he drinks to numb the pain =\
it breaks my heart to see him like this, but i know enough about this damned disease to know that no exercise, regular alcohol intake, and a disease that targets your liver is a seriously bad mix.

i really would like my father to stop drinking because over the years i can see how much it is hurting him. i can see it in his eyes, his face.. its a terrible disease and i know hes going to fight it until the end, which is admirable, but i would also like for him to be around to meet his grandkids someday, you know?
but i have no idea what to suggest to him anymore. he refuses to take medication (thank god), and wont smoke marijuana, he eats healthier than he used to, but that is not enough.

please. if you have any suggestions that are not super expensive or habit-forming, let me know, please..

Old 08-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
(male)

kennylr HB User
Re: alcohol alternative for my pain ridden father?

bondtrock, Look into UVBI treatments! they may be the thing for him. The treatment is exposing a small amount of blood to uv light then returning it back to the blood stream. it usually costs less than $150.00 per treatment, and may only require 1 treatment. HOW IT WORKS, the treated blood has energized white blood cells that excite other blood cells as it spreads throughout the body it attackes and kills antibodies and infections, in essence makes the immune system work better, more effective. Check out the information, UVBI Google it! Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread