It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
(male)

BobbyMI HB User
Hep C please help

I'm in my 40's and have been feeling fatigued for about 20yrs. In the last year I have been dealing with a lower back problem and pain down my right leg and in this time I have also had bouts of lose of appiete.I know what the back pain is from a slip disc an siattica. With all this going on I finally went to the doctors they did all kinds of blood work CBC w diff, Complete Metabolic Panel, HB/A1C, TSH, and a number of other test my AST 8 ref 0-50, ALT 22 ref 0-86 , ALK Phos 55, Albumin was 4.3 ref 3.0-5.4. The doctor said all my test were perfect and my liver was fuctioning fine. The only thing that was off was my HB/A1C 6.1% ref 4-6 and vitamin D 11.8% ref 32-100. She said to ease my mind the I could see a GI which I did and they did CT Scan of abdomin and pelvis with contrast an IV which everything came back normal Impression said no abnormalities.
If I had Hep C would these test show signs of it on the average. I know that there are cases that show no signs but on the average what do you think.
I have had a number of deaths in my family in the last year which is new to me and I think one of my parents who just died had some sort of hepatitis I did not know them well but thats what I heard.For me to have it have been from atleast 20years ago never a drug user only unprotected sex with grils teens lat 20's and not that much. Doc thinks I'm depressed and thats why I'm feling this way but I'm not sure. I'm on the internet all the time looking things up which was never me.I have not been to the doctors in 25 yrs and dont want to go back for anymore test. She wants me to try prozac in a very low dosage. I'm not on any meds right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2012, 04:27 AM   #2
(male)

erk HB Usererk HB User
Re: Hep C please help

Hi BobbyMI,

You state your doctor did, "extensive blood work", with that workup I would think that he tested to see if you had the hepatitis virus. There is a simple blood test for determining if you have hepatitis. It is not necessary to infer from other tests whether or not you have it. Simply ask your doctor if you were tested for hepatitis and what the results were.

ERK

Closed Thread

Tags
ct scan with contrast, fatigued, hep-c, hepatitis, prozac