It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
(male)

erk HB Usererk HB User
New Drugs Coming to Fight Hep C!

Hi All,

Here is some info that I haven't seen anyone talking about.

Bristol Myers, Abbott, and Gilead are all testing new therapies that do not include interferon and all show great promise in ridding the hep-c virus. It is my understanding that the drug designed to attack type 2 may be available in 2014 and for type 1 2015.

Personally, I have been living with hep-c for 45 years. I was diagnosed in 2002 and have had 2 liver biopsies spaced 5 years apart. The results for both were stage 2 mild fibrosis. I am probably going to get another one in February of 2013 and am hoping, (of course), that this one will also show the same results as the first two.

I cannot tolerate interferon so I am hoping that things remain pretty much the same until 2015, (also hoping that the trials of the new drugs remain as positive as they have been thus far), so I can try the new drugs from Bristol Myers, Abbott, and Gilead.

Take care all,

ERK

The Following User Says Thank You to erk For This Useful Post:
DallasStarks (01-23-2013)
Old 01-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
(female)

gin60 HB User
Re: New Drugs Coming to Fight Hep C!

Glad to hear a non interferon therapy is finally coming as I have had hepc for 42 years now - it was referred to nonA nonB in the 70s. Viral load is not a predictor of outcome as I am proof of that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread