It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hepatitis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
(male)

bigjohn85 HB User
Who do you need to tell

Hi.

I have a few questions reguarding hepatitis c.
1. Do you need to tell friends that you have this disease?

From what I've been told you need to tell close family and that is all. Is this true? Casual contact with friends the chances of spreading the disease is slim to none, is it not? You would need to share razors or actually get your blood in an open wound of theirs?

2. If you are diagnosed with this disease at age 20, and do everything doctors say, what age do you start showing visible symptoms? will other people know that you have hep c by looking at you?

3. if you use your own razor and toothbrush, take care of open wounds and dont have any sexual contact without condoms, the chance of spreading hep c is slim isnt it?

I appreciate all answers thankyou

Old 01-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
(female)

gin60 HB User
Re: Who do you need to tell

i have had it since 1971 when it was non A non B and am fine. Still shows up in viral load, but, all other blood tests have been normal for decades.
However, after a number of decades I did have to give up drinking and be vigilant of eating healthy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
(male)

DallasStarks HB User

1. My advise is to keep it zip. It backfired on me.

2. You're young. Transplant chances are very high for you since your age is a number one factor for recovering program. No one can tell if you have Hepatitis C none. You're just an normal person. Symptoms varies on indidivuals. Everybody's body is different and so is reaction. If you turn yellow that's jaundice that's Hepatitis C, meaning your at stage 4 liver ending disease.

3. Just don't let anybody touch your razors or toothbrush. For sex, practice safe sex, but if you love and trust that person that much by all means go ahead just make sure there is NO blood contact.

Have a good day.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
(male)

MountainKid HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStarks View Post
1. My advise is to keep it zip. It backfired on me.

2. You're young. Transplant chances are very high for you since your age is a number one factor for recovering program. No one can tell if you have Hepatitis C none. You're just an normal person. Symptoms varies on indidivuals. Everybody's body is different and so is reaction. If you turn yellow that's jaundice that's Hepatitis C, meaning your at stage 4 liver ending disease.

3. Just don't let anybody touch your razors or toothbrush. For sex, practice safe sex, but if you love and trust that person that much by all means go ahead just make sure there is NO blood contact.

Have a good day.
Jaundice may also occur during the acute stage(it made my eyes and oddly enough sperm yellow) I told everyone who would come into contact with my personal hygiene products (nail clippers, toothbrushes, razors and etc.) Also people who would support a healthier lifestyle that I wanted. Everyones case is different of course. I personally found out during the stage of my body fighting it and my viral load was low (200'000) then of course had to wait five/six months after to even start discussion of treatment(my viral load dropped down to 500 exyremely low but not enough) now another five months later I am currently debating treatment as much as I would want to being 20/21 years old (my age as well) is an extremely busy time in most peoples lives (work and school) but get opinions from more then one medical professional for sure!!!!

Old 07-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
(female)

gin60 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Who do you need to tell

I would only tell my doctor and who may be my significant other. Most of the paranoia hype is sponsored by the pharmaceuticals that manufacture treatments...................there is new stuff coming out real soon now. Interferon and all like it will be thing of past. Only a few pills a day for only a few months is all it will take. Phase III is already happening.
I am watching this closely as this is the only way I would consider purging my body of the virus at this time.

Reply Reply